Tog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tog

MOC and i are heading to IRI saturday to go out on the JUDY V. 7am til 3pm, 80.00. if you want some big tog nows the time.

call 1-877-613-6022 for reservations

looks to be a good weekend for tog, not going to be windy,and coming off a new moon the current should be calmer and the waters clearing up after all the fall storms. seen reports of some whoppers to 14lbs now thats a fat hog tog!!

Dang! Would like to join you guys, but I have to go to an event with my wife. Dang!
    Last edited by tufnik; 12-11-2012, 05:07 PM.
    2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

I plan to bring my own rod and some bait....cut up blue crab to augment whatever the boat uses.

Comment

Originally posted by moc View Post
        I plan to bring my own rod and some bait....cut up blue crab to augment whatever the boat uses.
        Man, you're killing me (that's what I would do too). Anyway, good luck!

Comment

That trip sounds fun and I wouldn't mind doing one if I wasn't busy on Saturday either. I wonder if they do a tog/Black sea bass trips?

Comment

Originally posted by HokieDJ View Post
            That trip sounds fun and I wouldn't mind doing one if I wasn't busy on Saturday either. I wonder if they do a tog/Black sea bass trips?
            I think the Black Seabass is shutdown for our area because there was too many caught during the year. There are some boats who have a special license that can keep Black Seabass until the end of the month. I am going on such a trip on Dec 29th....16 hrs on the boat!!! We will be catching 10 to 25 pound fish of many different species. Anyone is welcome to come on that trip too. Just PM me for more information.

Comment

Is it DE, moc? If it's for tog, sea bass and ling cod, I'm game.

Sixteen hours!?!? I guess better on a boat than on a yak (butt pain wise).

Comment

It is from VA Beach. I will PM you the info....

Comment

Pm me too

Comment

This Sat we are launching from Delaware for Tog. On Dec 29th, I am doing a deep drop trip. It is $200/per for 16 hours out on the boat to catch fish up to 18 pounds each in 300 to 900 feet of water. We caught a cooler (100 quart) full last year!

Comment

had to change plans friday evening. Judy V called me to tell me they didn't make their 10 person minimum so they weren't going out! called the Morning Star but the weren't going out either because tog and sea bass are closed in MD. finally got in touch with Fisherman's Wharf in Lewes and they were going out, whew!

really nice day to be on the water, caught a few under size tog that went back and 3 large dogfish. had 2 tog pull the bait into the rocks and i lost them then i managed to land a fat 16.5" tog then a 20"er.

MOC got no love from the tog but landed a big doggy and GB got lucky with a keeper tog also.

martin said that a couple old asian guys brought white leggers(type of crab) and some kind of sea snail with them and they were killing the Tog one had an 11 lbs tog in the box, i don't know where they got the bait but that was the ticket for big tog.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by surfdog; 12-19-2012, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Nice fillets. What bait did you use? Blue crab? Clams?

Let me know of the next tog trip. I think there's a tog/cod trip coming up in DE soon.

Comment

I think those "White leggers" were the crab I bought frozen at the Lotto asian store. They are from the china sea. They were much softer than blue crab though. I didn't have any luck when I tried them at Kipto.

Originally posted by surfdog View Post
                          had to change plans friday evening. Judy V called me to tell me they didn't make their 10 person minimum so they weren't going out! called the Morning Star but the weren't going out either because tog and sea bass are closed in MD. finally got in touch with Fisherman's Wharf in Lewes and they were going out, whew!

really nice day to be on the water, caught a few under size tog that went back and 3 large dogfish. had 2 tog pull the bait into the rocks and i lost them then i managed to land a fat 16.5" tog then a 20"er.

MOC got no love from the tog but landed a big doggy and GB got lucky with a keeper tog also.

martin said that a couple old asian guys brought white leggers(type of crab) and some Lind of sea snail with them and they were killing the Tog one had and 11 lbs tog in the box, i don't know where they got the bait but that was the ticket for big tog.

Comment

one was caught on a blue crab apron and the other was caught useing a whole green crab with the shell crushed

they say that white leggers are better when the water gets cold and are used a lot in NJ and NY

Comment

Next time I'll a tri-hook rig, with legger, blue crab and snail.... lol...

Comment

Working...
                              X