Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CBBT 30 Nov, 1 Dec 2012

CBBT, Fri

Met ComeOnFish at CBBT and we were on the water before 9 am. It was a nice day. About 50 deg, calm water, partly cloudy and light winds. We were the only yakers out.

With shrimp and blue crab, we went to the first island and along the way, there were tons of marked fish. Joe got a lot of hits, so I switched from tog to striper fishing. I jigged a double lure rig (chartruese bkd and curly tail) to a spot where my FF beeped crazy with lots of marked fish, and on the first drop got a good hit. Pulled up the single fish (so I thought) and was surprised to see and land double stripers (22 and 28"). Joe took a video of this.

I went back to the same spot and jigged again on a second rig drop. BAM! Got another hit. It felt like a big one so I called out Joe and he came by with his video camera running. I pulled it up and the "big one" turned out to be another double striper catch (25 and 28"). Wow, that was fun. Never had a double keeper striper catch on each of two separate rig drops. The 25 incher had sores so I let it go. (BTW, the 28 incher was so heavy it broke my plastic hawg trough in half )

Lots boats were out. We saw them catch stripers, but didn't see anything big caught. I went to on catch another keeper striper and a tog. Joe will tell you about his catches.

My catch of the day:
    5 stripers (22, 22, 25, 28, 28"; took home the 22 and 28")
    1 tog (keeper at 17.5")
    4 toads

(Joe's video coming soon to a theatre near you....lol)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by tufnik; 12-02-2012, 01:47 PM.
    2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

CBBT, Sat

ComeOnFish and I were on the water by 8 am. This day was even nicer. Mostly sunny, high 50's, calm water, and light winds.

Again, there were a lot of marked fish, but I didn't spend a lot time jigging. I wanted togs so I soaked blue crab. The current at 1st island was tough, but I managed to catch a couple togs.

My day's catch:
    3 togs (1 short and 2 keepers at 16 and 16.5")
    1 short striper

BTW, after fishing Friday I checked in a room that evening. I then went to the CBBT launch site Saturday morning before 7 am. Joe was already there sleeping in his truck. I woke him up. He said he fished until 4 am at Elizabeth River! We did go out to the 1st island, and boy, he looked pretty tired and beat in the afternoon. I have to give him a lot a credit to last that long, and he drove home about 4 hours the following evening.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by tufnik; 12-02-2012, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Wow! That is awesome! Those are some thick Stripers too!
      Ryan
      Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
      Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

You guys are hardcore!! WTG out there! I might have to revisit my position of waiting til next year to hit the CBBT. LOL

Comment

Awesome job guys. Makes me want to suit up 1 more time next week.

Comment

Very Nice !!

Comment

Good job guys. I am with James, it makes me want to re-think my plans on waiting for next year to visit the CBBT. Those are some nice fish Tufnik. Did DJ catch anything at the Elizabeth River? How heavy were those jigheads that you were using at the CBBT?

Comment

OK, here is the video.

It is a compilation of bunch of videos. The order of events were ignored on the video

Friday night, I went to Elizabeth River, and caught 10-12 specks at 17-22". At night I can only take pictures, no videos due to the lack of light

BTW, I am Efrin's official Lucky Charm (only in fishing)

Watch Efrin (Tufnik) in action:

Last edited by ComeOnFish; 12-03-2012, 06:08 AM.
                Fish like there's no tomorrow.
                Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
                https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

WTG Guys
                  Nice bunch of fish!
                  GB

Comment

Nice fishing & catching!
                    <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Good job guys ........... If you want the MAMA's though ....... try drifting the channels with eels from the Highrise to Cape Charles ........ it's where Keven and the fleet are getting them now ........... there are TON's of schoolies around the bridge this time of year and they are frequently breaking which is alot of fun ........

Definitely congrats on fighting and landing 2 fish at a time weighing 20 - 30 lbs ........ that is a REAL fight ........

Comment

Wow! Awesome days! Those are what the best memories are made off!
                        -Mustafa
                        ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
                        2016 Hobie Outback
                        2012 Hobie Revolution 13
                        "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Looks like you guys put a hurtin' on em. Hope you saved some for the guys going down next weekend.
                          2012 Hobie Revo 13'
                          2012 Hobie PA12'

Comment

Man that video put a grin on my face the entire time!!!! I loved hearing Tufnik saying that he has too much fish! Oh what a problem to have! LOL Man ya'll are making me want to go down there ASAP!

Comment

Thanks, guys. I too want to go back down again before year's end. Hey, the wx forecast is looking good this weekend Get on it, man.

Nice job on the video, Joe. I think you should fish with me often to bring more luck......lol......

moc,
                              I used a bkd on 3/4 ounce jighead. The upper lure was a curly tail on a 5/0 j-hook attached to a dropper. Joe used a 2 ounce jighead.

Comment

Working...
                              X