Elizabeth River/HRBT 11/23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elizabeth River/HRBT 11/23

Friday met up Pinch and Slap at Elizabeth River. The fishing was pretty slow all morning. Weather was great though. Fished all morning without a bite. Wasn't untill the afternoon that we finally landed a fish. Redfish met us up later that afternoon, perfect timing cause the fishing picked up once the sun started going down. Everyone did pretty well with specks, my biggest was at 22".

Later that night, Pinch and Slap decided to head back and Redfish and I hit up HRBT. It was cold, windy, choppy, and more windy. The striper were all over the light line. We caught around 10 each, my biggest being around 22-23". We caught numerous striper with sores all over it which I thought was kinda strange for HRBT. Im used to seeing that all over the bay bridge but not down in VB. We would of landed more if the wind wasn't so miserably strong. We called it quits around 4am. We were the only 2 idiots out there. lol When we got back to the launch, the parking lot was empty, only our cars were there.

Saturday, after a good nights sleep we went over to Oceans East to re-bait and decide where we wanted to fish. I wanted to go togging at Kipto but the winds were too strong so we decided to go back to the hot ditch. We did pretty well with specks catching our limit before heading back home. Overall, great weekend fishing.

Hobie Revolution 13
    Hobie Fishing Team

WTG with good pullage, Grilled! I heard the speck bites were good at ER and Rudee. I'm tempted to try there for specks, but I'm still suffering from tog fever. The wx this weekend is looking good for more fishing. Can't waste a good weekend doing chores Thanks for the report.
    2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Great report. What kind of bait/lure werebest for the trout? Did you jib them up or did you troll?

Comment

Good Job!!!
        I guess, in the future, I find where you guys are instead of trying to find where fish are.

Joe
        Fish like there's no tomorrow.
        Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
        https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

We used a little bit of everything, paddle tails, gulp curly tails, xrap's, and minnows. We were trolling.
          Hobie Revolution 13
          Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

Very nice! Thanks for the report.
            Mike S.
            Hobie Outback
            Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
            3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

Good fishing guys!! I'm gonna have to try the ER sometime!

Comment

Definitely a fun trip! I hope to go back before they leave!
                Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
                Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
                https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

blood bath between your legs
                  sigpic

Comment

yeah, i gut hooked one of the stripers, looked like a massacre on top of the yak.
                    Hobie Revolution 13
                    Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

If you were a female, I would've thought...ah nevermind.
                      <insert witty comment here>

Comment

I Cliffed some fish... I gave some of these away but we've been eating trout pretty hard at my house. Joe, sorry I didn't hear back from you Saturday night and gave all the extras to Jack. Next time!

Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
                        Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
                        https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Redfish12 View Post
                          I Cliffed some fish... I gave some of these away but we've been eating trout pretty hard at my house. Joe, sorry I didn't hear back from you Saturday night and gave all the extras to Jack. Next time!

Good Ole Cliff.... left us for PA, but never forgotten... lol

Comment

haha I love fishing with cliff. Double creel limit!
                            <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Originally posted by MetroMan View Post
                              haha I love fishing with cliff. Double creel limit!
                              lol
                              Hobie Revolution 13
                              Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

Working...
                              X