Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Trip to the ER isn't always a bad thing....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Trip to the ER isn't always a bad thing....

.....especially when the ER is a hot spot for monster speckled trout. The ER in this case is the Elizabeth River and is a virtual mecca for speck anglers this time of year through late February/early March of each year. Countless citations are landed every year in this location, the trick is to have patience and they will come.

I was once again fortunate enough to fish with my good friend PhillyJoe. We landed 45 specks and 1 schoolie striper over the course of 5 hours of fishing. We used two lures the entire day - soft plastics in white or electric chicken, and a MirrOlure.

Joe even landed and released a 26" citation - his 4th this week alone. I had what would have been my first citation come unhooked right at the side of the kayak as he was being positioned to be netted.

Here's the full report: A Trip to the ER

Here's the video of the day's best action:

Hobie Fishing Team - Central VA Local Pro
    PowerTeam Lures
    Froggin' For Bass and Other Kayak Adventures - a blog about my life in a kayak to date

Nice! Sounds like an awesome day of fishing. Thanks for sharing the spot with us.
    Mike S.
    Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
    3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

When I was at CBBT yesterday, a fisherman said he, his friend and daughter caught a bunch of specks at ER and Rudee. His daughter caught two citations last week. I don't usually go down there for specks, but may plan a trip now. Thanks for the report.
      2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
      2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
      2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Working...
      X