Occoquan Crappie 11/21/2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Occoquan Crappie 11/21/2012

I fished the Occoquan with AbuMasgouf today for some crappie. We didn't do quite as well as we had hoped...but we both went home with some fish to feed our families with .

The day started out very well with us hooking up with fish pretty regularly. But then things died off, and in the midst of searching for more fish we lost fishing time and never found them again.

The lure of the day was a white-chartreuse squirmin' squirt from BPS. AbuMasgouf caught a bunch of bluegills using nightcrawlers. I tried soaking some shrimp in the water but never hooked up with anything - bait stealers!

Here are some pics from the day, and the fuller story can be found on my blog.

AbuMasgouf's first crappie!
    One of AbuMasgouf's monster bluegills.

Sun Fishin'

Thanks for sharing the story. Congrats on the pullage! Your new camera seems to be serving you nicely how deep we're you catching them?

Comment

Had a fantastic time with Sun today! Another day of firsts and good friend to share them with! First time to the Occoquan and first time catching Crappie!

Here is a pic of my first ever crappie...

and here is the biggest bluegill I've ever seen (and caught!)

You can obviously see the excitement on my face from my picture above that Sun took! LOL!!

Definitely looking forward to doing this again with Sun!
      -Mustafa
      ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
      2016 Hobie Outback
      2012 Hobie Revolution 13
      "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Originally posted by AbuMasgouf View Post
        Had a fantastic time with Sun today! Another day of firsts and good friend to share them with! First time to the Occoquan and first time catching Crappie!

Here is a pic of my first ever crappie...

and here is the biggest bluegill I've ever seen (and caught!)

You can obviously see the excitement on my face from my picture above that Sun took! LOL!!

Definitely looking forward to doing this again with Sun!
        That Bluegill takes over the top spot in the record leader board.... CONGRATS nice fish!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CB kayak 02 View Post
          That Bluegill takes over the top spot in the record leader board.... CONGRATS nice fish!!!
          Sweet!! Thanks for looking out bro!!!
          -Mustafa
          2016 Hobie Outback
          2012 Hobie Revolution 13
          "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Thats actually a redear sunfish, which is even more impressive for it to reach that size!
            Ryan
            Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
            Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Originally posted by shadyfisher85 View Post
              Thats actually a redear sunfish, which is even more impressive for it to reach that size!
              Double Awesome! Thanks for the correction bro!
              -Mustafa
              2016 Hobie Outback
              2012 Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

WTG Guys!
                Thanks for the report..
                GB

Comment

Working...
                X