Bay Bridge 10/2/10 - report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bay Bridge 10/2/10 - report

I left SPSP around 12:00 on Saturday. Weather was great not too cold or windy. I think this was the last trip in shorts and a short sleeve shirt this year. I was comfy but it got cold around 5:00 while paddling in.

It was slow to begin with. Took 1.5 hrs to gather 6 spot. I worked hard for those spot to. Went from 5ft to 18ft looking for them.

With the measly offering in my bucket i went off to the 20ft mark and fished the pylons hard. Hit 5 sections with not a nibble on the east bound span. I decided to try the west bound span and pulled up to first large base set in 26ft of water. It is a great area when the current is ripping. There is a 15ft wall and a large eddy created behind it to pull up in. I hunkered down there and had a quick take but it spit the spot. Luckily it was still kicking so back down it went. 10 mins later i got a take. The result was a skinny sore free 24" rock. In the bag it went. 5 mins later in the same area i had another take. This time a fat 19" fish. I releases this one thinking i was on them.

The next 4 spot came back as heads. The blues were right on the wall. Have the rock moved out of the pylons and blues moved in? Did the storm change the area for several days? Don't know but i have a feeling the fall season is kicking in and the bass are moving off the bridge. I hope someone proves me wrong this weekend as i will be off the water for two weeks

I spent the rest of the day jigging the pylons on my way back to SPSP. Had one hit on a bassin Assassin but missed it.

Funny pic i missed
    The 24" bass had almost swallowed the spot when i landed it. Half of the spot was sticking out of its mouth. Here's the kicker. The tail was gone. Chomped off by a blue. So who had the spot first - The blue or the rock?

When i pulled the fish out of the cooler at home it had completely swallowed the spot so no pic.

Oh forgot the terrible pic of dinner.

Comment

Your hard work paid off. Good catchin' !!

I think you're right regarding shorts. Time to break out the waders and dry tops!

Comment

thanks for the report. ive been wonderin if it was time for pants
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X