Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CBBT 10-11 Nov 2012

Sat, 10 Nov

Was on the water at 0830 hrs, and went to the 1st island. Had blue crabs, so my target was togs. It was a nice day. Blue sky, light winds, and 60s. Water was about 50 deg, and chops were small.

The action was at the 1st island. People were catching togs, but mostly stripers. I didn't try for stripers.

I had nothing after 4-5 hours of togging, not even a nibble. No toad or sea bass, nothing. Then after 2 pm, I found a honey hole and caught eight togs, all caught within one hour. The water at that area was a bit choppy on an incoming tide. The bite was on and the water was bumpy so I didn't want to waste time taking pics. You can see the togs in the cooler.

My catch:
    - Sea bass
    - Toad
    - 8 togs (3 keepers at 16.5, 17, and 18")
    Attached Files
    2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Sunday, 11 Nov

Met HokieDJ at the launch and we were on the water at 0700 hrs. With clams, blue and frozen green crabs, we went to the 1st island. It was a really nice day, just like yesterday. Couldn't ask for a nicer day.

Met Shadyfisher and later Grilled on the water. I think Shadyfisher caught a couple short puppy drums. I caught a short tog. They both left and went in during early afternoon. HokieDJ and I stayed.

Most of the boaters were going for stripers. One boater had a stringer full of nice keeper togs.

It was late in the afternoon, and had no keepers. Then it happened. HokieDJ caught a big tog (a nice male). I got a couple hook ups too and landed a keeper tog at 16".

My catch:
    - Toads
    - 2 togs (1 keeper at 16")

It was dark when we hit shore. Phew! Eleven hours on the water.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by tufnik; 11-12-2012, 08:40 AM.

Comment

Those 2 togs were buzzer beaters. All day, I had some bites but not a single catch. Not even those pesky toads and sea bass. On the way back in, I wanted to try the spot Tufnik found last time but did not produce earlier in the morning. It saved my day considering I had just sent my favorite rod down to Davey Jone's locker in the morning. That was a pisser. That rod handled every thing from 1lb bass to the 35" Black drum. RIP my friend.

For those who care, that tog measured out to 22 3/4". Short of citation but my personal best.
      Last edited by HokieDJ; 11-12-2012, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Glad you guys finally found some nice tog yesterday
        Ryan
        Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
        Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

What's up with the sea bass and toads being MIA? Is this usual this time of year?

Tufnik, pretty cool that you found that honey hole. 8 tog in a hour has got to wear out your arm

HokieDJ... sucks about your lost rod.
          Mike S.
          Hobie Outback
          Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
          3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

Like a lot of fish, they don't like the cold and head south.

There were two guys in an anchored boat fishing and watching me pull up fish after fish. I would unhook the fish, re-bait and quickly fight the current\chops back to the hole. They weren't catching anything.

When you keep the tog, citation is based on weight (9 lbs minimum), not length. Did you get it, Dave?

Comment

Working...
            X