Kiptopeake this weekend and/or Monday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kiptopeake this weekend and/or Monday

Anyone going to Kiptopeake this weekend and/or Monday?

The weather is looking good. 60+ degrees and light winds.
    <MIKE>
    Sunrise Ocean Kayak Trident 13 Angler
    Yellow Ocean Kayak Prowler 13 Angler

There is going to be a few MKF guys down there that I know of
    '12 Ocean Kayak Prowler trident 13 Orange
    '09 Wilderness Systems Ride 135 Red
    Kayak Fishing Mafia

-Both fish and men are often caught with artificial's-

Comment

Just got in, beach and boat ramp pier really took a hit from Sandy. It is blowing pretty good from the NW, the tide is about 2 ft. over normal. I have only one scouting report so far, spoke to someone in the campground, who has been here for the last week. He said the specks and pups were here (he had been togging, but stopped because the speck bite was so good). This ended on Tues. when the rock showed up, and he said the pups and speck bite went away. I will let you know how I make out tomorrow.

Comment

Thanks for the info!

Hemingway, good luck tomorrow. I look forward to your report.
        <MIKE>

Comment

Thanks for the heads up. Can you launch from the ramp though or will the ranger kick everyone out. The beach launch sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by HokieDJ View Post
            Thanks for the heads up. Can you launch from the ramp though or will the ranger kick everyone out. The beach launch sucks.
            Almost deserted here, so your odds of using the ramp look good. However, there is the chance that the ranger may be bored, and say something. There were no boat trailers in the parking lot at 4 PM

Comment

I'll be there tomorrow... winds look marvelous.
              Mike S.
              Hobie Outback
              Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
              3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

I fished...err...paddled on the seaside mid day. I thought with the strong NW winds the ships would be best to hold off until the weekend. The water is temp is 49. The wind, temp (40-45), and a ripping in coming tide made for difficult outing. The water in the creeks and guts was still less than ideal clarity. Could be the reason, I was skunked. Hope to see some of you guys tomorrow, maybe you will bring me some better luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Hemingway View Post
                  I fished...err...paddled on the seaside mid day. I thought with the strong NW winds the ships would be best to hold off until the weekend. The water is temp is 49. The wind, temp (40-45), and a ripping in coming tide made for difficult outing. The water in the creeks and guts was still less than ideal clarity. Could be the reason, I was skunked. Hope to see some of you guys tomorrow, maybe you will bring me some better luck.
                  Hemingway,

Sorry to hear that the bite was not there. Where are the creeks and guts down there? Is the water clarity bad at the boat launch? The last time I was there (before the hurricane) the bite along the shore especially near the fish traps was off the charts (Specks and Reds).

Good luck tomorrow... I think the winds are suppose to die down and 10 degrees warmer.
                  <MIKE>

Comment

I think he's talking about the wise point area

Comment

Originally posted by HokieDJ View Post
                      I think he's talking about the wise point area
                      Right you are.

Comment

Working...
                      X