This weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This weekend

Thinking about going out Saturday or Sunday. Weather looks good. Anyone know how the crappie and perch bite is? I'm ready to bring out the ultra light and shoot around docks. Thinking Occoquan, but I might save that area for the winter.
    -Jon
    Revo 13

Originally posted by jsnyd86 View Post
    Thinking about going out Saturday or Sunday. Weather looks good. Anyone know how the crappie and perch bite is? I'm ready to bring out the ultra light and shoot around docks. Thinking Occoquan, but I might save that area for the winter.
    I was thinking the very same thing...I'm thinking maybe saturday shooting the docks for some delicious crappie.

Comment

Originally posted by Greedyfly View Post
      I was thinking the very same thing...I'm thinking maybe saturday shooting the docks for some delicious crappie.
      It's either that or get that last bit of Bass'n before they go deep. Anyone have a good idea where the fish have been holding recently?
      -Jon
      Revo 13

Comment

I had the same thought about occuquan as i am told the site is turning on.

Meadeo
        2012 135 Wilderness Systems Angler

Comment

Originally posted by Meadeo View Post
          I had the same thought about occuquan as i am told the site is turning on.

Meadeo
          I think that's all I need to hear then. I'll be around Occoquan tomorrow shooting around the docks and bridges. If anyone comes by Ill be in a red SOT. Hopefully with a bucket full of crappie.

Side note: I have some swim baits I need to try out. Stripers should be around right?
          -Jon
          Revo 13

Comment

There are some stripers around but they are scattered and mostly active in the morning/evening.

I might see you on the river tomorrow. Tight lines.

Meadeo
            2012 135 Wilderness Systems Angler

Comment

Thought I would just tie this to the end here.

I went out Saturday and like Meadeo, I too, had great success. Hit the water at the end of the low tide around 7:30 or 8 and got into a few pretty quick. Once I made my way to the Marina I noticed they were holding around 10ft. Suspended over about 20ft of water. I made it over to the 95 bridge and got into a school of them stacked up around the pilings. I was using pumpkin twister tales and a 1/16th ounce jig head and pumpkin colored crappie tubes. Other darker colors would have probably produced as well. Once the tide came back in the water went from murky to muddy pretty fast and the bite slowed down. I drove off before lunch time with 8 keepers. Threw everything under 10" back.

No pics, but I did catch a small striper on a crappie tube as well. I don't know the regs on striper well enough to keep one but I'm sure 13" isn't big enough. Fun fight with an ultra light though. Lots of bass boats out but most were friendly and aware of the kayak presence.
              -Jon
              Revo 13

Comment

Working...
              X