Livewells and storage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Livewells and storage

Sometime back there was much discussion about livewells and tackle storage. These are photos of some the things that I have rigged up. It might help some who are wanting to rig their kayaks. The coolers can be set up as livewells. I tend not to use them as live wells, as I use mostly artificials. I do use the larger cooler to keep crabs, when I go crabbing in the kayak. One warning, don't put the crabs directly on the ice, as they will die. I use a couple pieces of drydeck on top the ice. You can also just use card board to cover the ice. The cool area of the cooler will keep the crabs alive in the summer heat. I also use the larger cooler if I intend to keep some larger fish. I like to keep fish very cold directly after they are caught. I tend to set the kayak up for what I intend to do on any given day.

I also like to use the turn buckles to attach the crate or coolers, as this is more secure that just the bungee cords. I also use the bungee cords. The added rod tube in the rear is for a flag. Hope this gives some an added option, which are generally inexpensive.

Good Luck
    Attached Files
    Last edited by DOGFISH; 09-28-2010, 08:32 PM. Reason: addition

very cool
    I love the turnbuckles to secure the coolers. Very solid mounting i might have to steal your idea somehow for my crate.

Comment

very cool...what are those stainless steel pad eyes used for on top of the bigger cooler?
      Hobie Revolution 13
      Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

The original plan for the pad eyes was to be able to use bungee cords to hold down anything additional that I wanted to take out, such as a tackle bag or such items. However, I have never done that or had the need for the added items. They are really not needed. The coolers keep everything dry. I usually keep tackle in the cooler, or when crabbing I don't have that much tackle with me. I only do alittle fishing when crabbing.

Additionally, the stainless steel turnbuckles are inexpensive at Home Depot, in the hardware secton.

Comment

Working...
        X