CHSP 11-4-12, Sun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CHSP 11-4-12, Sun

Was on the water at 0730 hrs. Wind wasn't bad at all. Turned out to be a nice day. Mostly sunny.

Worked the Inner Wall with blue crab. Nothing. I also went to the Outer Wall. No nibbles, nothing. I think it was tog-suck day. I did catch/release an eel on the north end of the Inner Wall. I also did some jigging. Nothing.

Boats came and went. Nobody seemed to catch anything. One boater pulled along side and said he caught nothing.

If you fished there before, you'll now see the old pier is pretty well washed out from Sandy. Only posts are left. There was debris on the beach. In fact, some wood debris and junk blocked the narrow path through the grass to the beach.

Hey, do you guys eat eel?
    Attached Files
    2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

You should of BBQ'ed him over charcoal and see how he tasted.

There's always this week at VB to make up for the tog-less day.

Comment

I've kept a couple big eels over the years... Once you get past the sliminess, it just a long strip of white meat. just remember pretty much anything is good fried. I think the preferred way to cook eel though is smoked.
      Ryan
      Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
      Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Originally posted by shadyfisher85 View Post
        I've kept a couple big eels over the years... Once you get past the sliminess, it just a long strip of white meat. just remember pretty much anything is good fried. I think the preferred way to cook eel though is smoked.

Shadyfisher and tufnik you fellas seem to fish the eastern side of the bridge a bit gimme a pm the next time youre thinkin of heading this way I may be able to meet you it would sure motivate me to get a de license lol because of a few herniated disks I've been kinda out of the kayak for a while but pending a doctors visit next week I may be in the clear! BTW next week looks good for some sb action with the new moon coming up.... The coral beds had some action earlier this week...temp on the oc buoy reads 53 avg. Could be intersting!...
        Last edited by kayakjoe; 11-07-2012, 05:17 PM.
        Malibu stealth 14 with a paddle....still lol

Comment

Next time I'm going to keep the eel, Ryan. Didn't know that, so will try it smoked.

kayakjoe,
          Not sure what you mean by the eastern side of the bridge. The bridge by Front street? The canal? That's a few miles west from CHSP.

Comment

Make unagi rolls with it or live line and try for striper.

Comment

Originally posted by tufnik View Post
              Next time I'm going to keep the eel, Ryan. Didn't know that, so will try it smoked.

kayakjoe,
              Not sure what you mean by the eastern side of the bridge. The bridge by Front street? The canal? That's a few miles west from CHSP.
              Yeah sorry man I always forget I'm one of the few over on the eastern shore I'm just used to saying the bridge as in the bay bridge and the east side as in the penninsula. You guys seem to like the chsp a lot I grew up not far from there in bethany and used to fish IR as a kid a ton now live in ocean pines and fish oc mostly out of ease I haven't been up there in years to fish and its getting better by the day for the guys on the beach i would be interested to get out up there someday soon i guess you guys fish the outter wall mostly?
              Malibu stealth 14 with a paddle....still lol

Comment

I fished RI and CHSP quite a bit. Never fished IRI. Only recently I started to fish the Outer Wall, but have been skunked. I guess I need to learn how to fish it.

Comment

Hey, do you guys eat eel?
                  Tufnik.....you've eaten Toad.....why would you even balk at eel. Anything would be a step up.....
                  14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
                  2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Hey Joe, Im itching to get out sometime soon. I just got laid off and have tons of time, not so much money so and Eastern Shore trip would be awesome. Ill be living in Cambridge for who knows how long. Fishing isnt too bad on the Choptank, but I would like to get after something besides Rockfish.

*I woulda put that eel on a big ole circle hook with a half oz slip sinker and let that baby sit on the clicker while I fished another rod. Never know what live bait will catch!
                    Last edited by MDFishin; 11-12-2012, 06:05 PM. Reason: *eel comment
                    -Wilderness Systems Tarpon 160
                    -Heritage FeatherLite 12

Comment

Originally posted by MDFishin View Post
                      Hey Joe, Im itching to get out sometime soon. I just got laid off and have tons of time, not so much money so and Eastern Shore trip would be awesome. Ill be living in Cambridge for who knows how long. Fishing isnt too bad on the Choptank, but I would like to get after something besides Rockfish.

*I woulda put that eel on a big ole circle hook with a half oz slip sinker and let that baby sit on the clicker while I fished another rod. Never know what live bait will catch!
                      That would be a heck of live lure. Wonder what would hit that.

Kevin, I didn't even think about it. My target was togs and I usually release other fish. Next time I'll take the eel home, now that I know it's good table fare Hey, toads are quite tasty. Try it!

Comment

That would be a heck of live lure. Wonder what would hit that.

Kevin, I didn't even think about it. My target was togs and I usually release other fish. Next time I'll take the eel home, now that I know it's good table fare Hey, toads are quite tasty. Try it!

never eating toad

Comment

Originally posted by kevinfry View Post

never eating toad
                          ...lol......how about eel?

Comment

actually eaten plenty of eel ...Sushi Itto zona 10 Guatemala City....yummy
                            Rainbow Dragon: eel, red pepper, cucumber, mango and avocado (I poke out the cucumber)
                            Last edited by kevinfry; 11-12-2012, 09:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X