NoVA Potomac - Saturday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NoVA Potomac - Saturday

Success! Smallies were cooperative this morning. The Potomac is low and clear. Never have seen is so clear. If I didn't know any better I might have thought I was on the Shenandoah!

Usually a bad sign to get a fish on the first cast but not today. Got about a dozen. Small, floating perch Rapala and tube jigs. Beautiful morning. Better get there soon. Rain on Monday & Tuesday! Going again tomorrow morning. Park opens at 7am...
    Attached Files

That's an impressive day John! I was down below the falls and hitting pools with the fly rod on Sunday. I wish I had seen your post I would have joined you! It was a great day the early chill and rain actually helped the bite on my end. How about yourself?
    www.anglerswithoutborders.com
    Travel. Explore. Fish.

Comment

It was a good day! I went again yesterday and picked a few more. Missed more yesterday than Saturday and I wasn't out as long. I spotted a school of nice sized ones in some fast water. No more than 2 or 2 1/2' deep. Had to be 10 or more along with a big ol' catfish in with them. Unfortunately, they saw me first and scooted down river pretty quickly.

How'd you do with the fly rod?

You hitting the stripers yet in the tidal areas? After the rains and it calms down a bit I'll be looking to dust off the fly rod as well.

Comment

Working...
      X