sept 25 susqe fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sept 25 susqe fishing

me and my cousin went to the susqe river saturday morning and had a blast. he caught 5 smallies 2 or 3 cats and afew strippers. i caught acouple strippers , 1 cat and the biggest walleye i have ever seen. it was 24.5 inches long. all the keepers were caught on broken back rebels.

Good going. Sounds like you had a great time. Where do you fish on the river, what location.

Thanks for the report and good luck.
    Last edited by DOGFISH; 09-26-2010, 07:41 AM. Reason: correction

Comment

fishing the susqe

fish mostly out of port deposit. sometimes we go to the dam and go down the rapids and fish all the way to port deposit. its alot of fun . lots of current and small rapids. but most of it is only a few feet deep.

Comment

I didn't know you can catch walleye up there. I've been wanted to get one for some time. I haven't ventured that far up the river, but it sounds like I should. I've fished the bridges a few times near the water st launch point. Does the current make it difficult to fish from the kayak?

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
        Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
        Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
        Kokatat Pro Staff
        Torqeedo Pro Staff
        Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
        Alan

Comment

susqe fishing

we tend to anchor in the eddies below the faster water and fish the current. as long as they are not running a bunch of water out of the dam you can go pretty much any place you want. up or down the rapids. the water is only a few feet deep in most of the places, but there are deeper holes.

Comment

fun times...nice job!
            Hobie Revolution 13
            Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

Working...
            X