Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HRBT & Kipto 12-13 Oct 2012

HRBT, Fri

Had a tractor-trailor accident near the HRBT, so I was stuck in southbound traffic nearly two hours. Finally got on the water at 1030 hrs at Willoughby.

Worked the pilings with jigheads/curly tails and clams.

Total catch:
    - lots of toads
    - lots of sea bass
    - 1 short puppy drum

Kipto, Sat

The waves (wind was 15+ mph with higher gusts) were too rough at CBBT, so I went to Kipto. What a difference! Water was fairly calm with little wind. The day turned out to be very nice. Sunny skies. Was on the water at 0830 hrs.

Saw Shadyfisher and Chexone at mid-afternoon. Sorry to hear about your heartbreaking tog story, Chexone.

There were speck bites around the fishing nets about 200 yards southeast of the fishing pier. Saw shorefisherman, yakers and boaters pull up nice size specks. It was late in the afternoon so I didn't fish that area long.

Worked the wrecks with fiddlers and clams. Total catch:
    - many toads
    - couple sea bass
    - 1 short puppy drum
    - 1 croaker
    - 1 sheepie (12")
    - 11 togs (3 keepers at 16.5, 17, 17.5")

All pics were from Kipto.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by tufnik; 10-14-2012, 02:07 PM.
    2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Nice meeting you tufnik! Congrats on the nice tog.

Bah, it's ok, I'll catch that tog again some other day... Or more likely, YOU will!
    Mike S.
    Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
    3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

Good work on the Tog!!! I need to get down there ASAP!! I envy u guys being able to roll South on a whim. Sigh

Comment

Nice!

Next Sunday is my cance

Comment

Another visual fishing:

Joe
          Fish like there's no tomorrow.
          Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
          https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

LoL.....you make me laugh, Joe. Nice set-up. BTW, I must say, your artwork is looking good.

Hey, when are you going to be ready to fish for togs?

Comment

Joe I am over here laughing so hard... At least you got the setup right! Hope you have a quick recovery!

Comment

Nice croaker Tuf
                14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
                2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Originally posted by tufnik View Post
                  LoL.....you make me laugh, Joe. Nice set-up. BTW, I must say, your artwork is looking good.

Hey, when are you going to be ready to fish for togs?
                  Nov 3rd is the earliest. If I can’t pedal (Hobie), I will hit Kipto with a regular small kayak and launch from the boat ramp (I will pay for the boat ramp).

BTW, when you catch many fish (i.e., 10 specks, 2 stripers, 4 flounders and 4 togs) one weekend, bring me a whole tog. I want some fresh fish

Joe
                  Fish like there's no tomorrow.
                  Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
                  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

I'm going down this Sunday. I'll see if I can return the favor for you.

BTW, there was a guy at Kipto that told us we're not supposed to use the ramp period due to insurance reasons. Just launch when there's no rangers around.

Comment

On saturday, we launched and came in with the ranger parked at the top of the ramp and he didnt say a word to us...
                      Ryan
                      Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
                      Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

They can be dicks when they want to down there. If you want to use the ramp, its an extra few dollars. Otherwise, you gotta use the beach. When I was down there the other weekend, I paid the $7 park entry fee so I could use the boat ramp opposed to the beach. If you wanna fish the pier, thats an extra few $$ for a pier pass too. They sure know how to nickel and dime you...
                        <insert witty comment here>

Comment

No wonder I saw a lot of yaks on the beach. I didn't know about not launching from the ramp unless you pay the extra fee. I guess sometimes the rangers don't check your pass.

Ok, Joe. You may as well do some virtual eating of Sheepie too. BTW, limiting out on those species is oh so tough.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by tufnik; 10-16-2012, 07:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X