Shenandoah River Above Potomac Edison Dam Jefferson County

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shenandoah River Above Potomac Edison Dam Jefferson County

Didn't have much time to fish this summer due to work, decided to do some fishing on shenandoah river above Potomac Edison Dam in Jefferson County. Started out the day at 8am, paddled to my favorite spot in middle of river where a big tree is wedged between rocks. Smallmouths were tearing up my carolina rigged worm(black worm pink tail). After catching several smallmouths, I moved down closer to rapids before the dam. Fished along the shoreline and catching & releasing several largemouths. I ended the day at noon, and considered it a above avg fishing day. Counted total of 17 Smallmouths(mostly small) & 9 largemouths.

Anybody else fish on Shenandoah River Above Potomac Edison Dam?
    Attached Files

Nice, was the carolina rig and that style worm the only thing you were using?

Comment

Originally posted by CB kayak 02 View Post
      Nice, was the carolina rig and that style worm the only thing you were using?

I tried other worm styles pumpkin, green, & couple of top water lures. I didn't get any bites so went back to black worm and pink tail, and they were biting on it. I was standing on my kayak at times and could see smallmouths cruising back and forth along low depth rock pilings and then would disappear in higher depths. I had most of my luck casting along the low depth rock pilings and slowly retrieving allowing the worm to slowly descend in the higher depths.

Comment

Thanks for the report and nice going... that's a lot of bass!
        Mike S.
        Hobie Outback
        Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
        3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

Originally posted by chexone View Post
          Thanks for the report and nice going... that's a lot of bass!

I'm planning on heading out there next Monday to try out couple custom lures sent to me from overseas. Suppose to be 74 degrees & low winds, will report next week on my results .

Comment

Working...
          X