Freshwater wading report, part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freshwater wading report, part 2

After seeing all the carp reports I just had to go out there and try myself. I went this morning before work. This was my first time trying, and it was successful! I got some tips from Ryan, but I still wasn't 100% sure I knew what I was doing. I baited my hook, threw it out and then watched the carp swim by. I couldn't tell if it picked up my bait or not so I just tried setting the hook. Fish on! There wasn't much of a fight compared to the other reports I read, so that was kind of disappointing, but it was still exciting none-the-less. Measured about 29.5". Snapped some pictures and safely released it back.

I spent a little bit of time with a spinner and caught a small sun fish. Then I spent some time cleaning because I there was just so much trash around . A ton of fishing line, plastic bags and bottles, bottle caps, t-shirt, bait containers,etc. There was a stick with a bunch of line wrapped around it that was going in the water. I pulled the line in and, fish on??? There was an 8" creek chub on the other end! I can't image how long it has been there. There was still a little fight left so that was good. The hook was kinda deep in there and fortunately I was able to get it out. I released it back in the water and it swam off without any problems.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by firemunkee; 09-26-2012, 10:16 AM.

Nice work on the carp and thanks for picking up some trash!
    Ryan
    Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Thanks for the tips! They worked like a charm. I also try to leave with more than I came with, although I think I left my pliers there

Comment

Working...
      X