Feeding for winter. Leesylvania

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feeding for winter. Leesylvania

I have a friend visiting for the week so I took yesterday off and we went to Leesylvania in the morning. Water was really low but we made our way to the back anyways. Fought a little wind, but that almost made it easier to spot the currents and slow water. We missed a few hits that I blame from being blown around, but I ended up landing one good one. This one is obviously beefing up for the coming cold season.

Caught in an area with slow water, off the current and a small feeder creek adding to the pool. Maybe 2ft of water chasing minnows.
    Caught on 7" green pumpkin yumdinger.
    Attached Files
    -Jon
    Revo 13

Damn, thats a beast!
    Ryan
    Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Beautiful fish. Yumdingers work well!

Comment

That's what we call a football bass, I'm sure he's getting fat eating all the snacks watching the Cowboys run to the Super Bowl!!

Comment

Nice hawg!
          Olive Trophy 126 - Moored at Rocky Gorge Scott's Cove

Personal Records at Rocky Gorge
          Largemouth Bass: 21 inches
          Northern Pike: 24 inches
          Crappie: 12 inches
          Channel Catfish: 18 inches

Comment

Whoa! Nice one.
            Mike S.
            Hobie Outback
            Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
            3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

Awesome fish. How did you have the worm rigged? I need to figure out how to slow things down for winter bass fishing.
              Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
              Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

jsnyd86,
                Thanks for the report. I fish vicariously through you. Leesylvania is very close to me. Have you caught any stripers in Leesylvania?

Joe
                Last edited by ComeOnFish; 09-26-2012, 07:38 AM.
                Fish like there's no tomorrow.
                Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
                https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

Originally posted by ComeOnFish View Post
                  jsnyd86,
                  Thanks for the report. I fish vicariously through you. Leesylvania is very close to me. Have you caught any stripers in Leesylvania?

Joe
                  Haha, Thanks Joe! I haven't caught any stripers yet. With all the grass I'm not sure where to start. I'm guessing not back in the lillypads though. I'd love to give it a shot sometime. Leesylvania is one of my favortie spots.

Originally posted by ictalurus View Post
                  Awesome fish. How did you have the worm rigged? I need to figure out how to slow things down for winter bass fishing.
                  I fish them weedless and with no weight. I've tried wacky but there's too much to hang up on. I try to keep the casts inside of 15ft so I can pick up on weak hits easier. Casting on a lilypad and letting it slip down next to the stalk always produces the most hits. Yumdingers are my favorite. They're a little soft and usually need to be replaced after a good battle, but they have a great wiggle on the way down.
                  -Jon
                  Revo 13

Comment

Working...
                  X