Beer and Kayaking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beer and Kayaking

Reading some posts on another thread got me thinking....

who here drinks while out in the kayak. personally, I never have cause one beer will turn into a 6pack and all down hill from there...lol Now, on a boat, thats a different story.

cheers!

Mike
    Hobie Revolution 13
    Hobie Fishing Team

Brew

There is something about saltwater and beer. It just goes together. I somethimes take one or two, or three or four out with me. Generally, three, never more than four. I do that to keep a self imposed limit on my self. Those, along with some iced tea and snacks over the course of the day, makes for a fun day fishing. Its not like one should chug down all the beer at once. Remember, there is fishing to be done, and one wants to do that safely. Out in a boat, one can do a whole lot more damage than with a kayak.

Besides keeping my wits, I have another reason for limiting my self. In my younger days, I could go out drinking the night before and get up the next day and go to work. Now, if I go out and hang one on, it take me three days to get over it. I just don't have that kind of time. One must know their own limitations. However, generally, nothing wrong with just a few.
    Last edited by DOGFISH; 09-17-2010, 09:18 AM. Reason: addition

Comment

JFFoley gave me one when we were fishing at 301 back when it was blazing hot this summer. It was probably the best beer I've ever had. I've always known beach + beer was great, but so is kayaking. I haven't brought many since, but I need to remember that. I wish I would have had one for my Dad now that I think about it, that probably would have made the whole experience that much better for him.
      Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
      Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
      https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

I'm with Dogfish, being on the water and beer definitely goes together. And I never go with more than 4 on the kayak, either. Also a self imposed limit. Not looking to tie one on out there. Just enjoy the taste while on the water. Spread over a couple hours will not impair my reflexes. And when it's hot on the water, there's nothing like an ice cold one. I have witnesses:

Originally posted by Redfish12 View Post
        JFFoley gave me one when we were fishing at 301 back when it was blazing hot this summer. It was probably the best beer I've ever had.

Comment

Hot Day + Salt Spray + Beer = Happy Man.

If i have 12 beers in the cooler i will have 0 left when i get to shore so i limit the amount i bring. If i fish a calm lake i might bring 4 for the day. On the bay or rivers if i bring any i limit it to 2. One mind trip and a sipper for the paddle back

Although now with the prowler on the way that rod pod would make a nice trash can for a dozen empties

Comment

This year I have been fishing bigger and bigger water. Call me the nervous guy, but when I am out on the water in the kayak, the last thing I need is anything to effect my balance, concentration or most importantly my judgment.

Are there hot days that I wouldnt mind a nice beverage? Of course. But I have a no alcohol policy aboard my one-man vessel.
            Jason

Comment

beer would be nice but no room with all the bait and gatoraid

Comment

bunch of drunks in here!

i dont need any on the yak as I'm sure i still have too much in my system from the night before...LOL
                sigpic

Comment

The kayak fisher

Beer, donuts; donuts, beer, kayak fishing

of course not necessarily in this order during an early day of kayak fishing.

[ATTACH]316[/ATTACH]
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by DOGFISH; 09-18-2010, 08:57 AM.

Comment

Yeah, theres nothing like fish'n, yak'n, snack'n and beer. Life is good.

Comment

I don't usually remember to bring water with me much less beer Plenty of days when I would have been able to stay on the water much longer and enjoyed myself more if I did have a couple cold ones though! Oh well, on those scorchers the beer tastes pretty good when you get back to shore to Good fishin

Chimo

Comment

Working...
                      X