Bay Bridge - East side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bay Bridge - East side

Are there any croakers in that area? I went there last week for the first time and saw the usual spot, wp, blues, and stripers.

ive caught a couple this year while fishing for spot at night. havent caught one during the day on that side though.
    Hobie Revolution 13
    Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

Originally posted by Grilled Sardine View Post
      ive caught a couple this year while fishing for spot at night. havent caught one during the day on that side though.
      Which side is better? I notice a lot of kayakers like to launch from the east side.
      Is it because there's less boat traffic or something?

Thanks.

Comment

Personally, for kayaking, east side is better. Much easier to launch, plenty of fish, and fewer boats and jet skiiers.
        Hobie Revolution 13
        Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

I caught a few croaker at the light house this year but none on the east side. There may still be some around but I haven't tried targeting them over there.

I like the east side more, the beach at SPSP is always a hassle.
          Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
          Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
          https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Does sea trout make it up to the bay bridge? I'm debating if I should try BB again or go PLO for my last attempt at flounder there. It's a diff of 2.5 hour or 1.5 hour drive

Comment

Not sure about trout and flounder up that far. Your best bet for that would probably be PLO.

But

The flounder Bite in Cornfield harbor has been very slow this year according to reports. I was out there last Sunday for 5 hrs trying my luck with nothing to show. Did catch one dink flounder and trout in the Lake area there later. Hopefully if you do venture there your luck will be better than mine. I did not try for croaker last time at PLO but did manage 1 while flounder fishing. I did well earlier this year there in the 20 to 25 ft range in the harbor. They should still be there drift squid strips in front of the swimmers beach at that depth range.

Comment

That's what I'm hearing about PLO and fishing in general this year. I tried it couple times earlier in the summer but no dice and just gave up because of the drive. The times I went, the bigger croakers were hanging around 15-20' of water. I'm not sure now.

I just got off the phone with a friend and we decided to try BB again this Saturday. The game plan, as developed by Redfish12 in his posts, is to go for spot around 10' and then head out to the pilings around 20' of water. Hopefully we'll have some luck this time.

Comment

2 years ago i caught a bunch 16"-18" croakers on the east side in 20' of water between two sets of pillons, this was in june though
                  sigpic

Comment

Good luck! Let us know how you do, looks like it's going to be an awesome day.
                    Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
                    Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
                    https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Working...
                    X