live lining and weight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• live lining and weight

The question of whether to or when to use weight is not the question. I simply would like to know what type of weight and how do you rig it. Suggested weight amount would be great too. Thanks.
    -Jimbo-

Berkley Powerpro - 100 yrd spool - 30#
    Berkley Powerpro - 100 yrd spool - 20#
    Fishbites - Saltwater version

Depends on current and depth but egg weights above a swivel work well for me. I put a bead between then tie on a 4-5 ft leader with a circle hook. Drop it down to the bottom and then crank it up a few times to keep from getting hung up and then slow paddle my spot around or hold on pilings / between pilings till you hook up. Reel up when you're leaving the pilings or blues will get your spot. I've used as little as 1/2 all the way to 3 oz.

Good luck!
    Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
    Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
    https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

I like to switch between wieght and no wieght so I will snap a casting wieght 1/2 - 1 oz on swivel if I decide to use wieght. Basically for convienence. Definatley crank it up a couple turns off bottom to avoid snags.

Comment

i never use weights while live lining. if there is current, i just cast up current and let the spot drift. imo, if you are livelining structure then you dont really need to use weights. if you are livelining open water, then weights could be useful especially if there is a strong current.
        Hobie Revolution 13
        Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

Working...
        X