Plenty more rockfish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plenty more rockfish

Creolo (Richard) joined me on my Scout center console this morning for several hours fishing the productive structure that I have fished several times recently. We launched at Sandy Pt and headed a few miles south. Less than 5 minutes after leaving Sandy Pt inlet, we saw working birds and each caught a few small rock to get our arms and reels limbered up. We then proceeded to my "hot spot". The rockfish bite was on immediately and remained on for the two hours we were there. Most of the fish were 12" size, but Creolo caught a 16" and 17" -- all on med-light rods, small jigheads, and many different colors of twister tails. We also caught a few blues. We caught most while trolling but caught plenty by casting and a few by jigging.

I had one hard knockdown on the rod and lure that caught the two largest fish yesterday, but the fish did not stay hooked up. The water was clean and calm. We could see small rockfish following the lure back to the boat on many of the casts. We wrapped up the morning --with a boat ride around Annapolis Harbor including a run up Ego Alley. It was a fun morning.
    Attached Files
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

nice John, should have taken the new boat up ego alley(;

Comment

Working...
    X