Playing Pit Crew on a holiday weekend but still getting to fish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing Pit Crew on a holiday weekend but still getting to fish

It has happened to some of you I am sure........

A blow out enroute to a scheduled event of some form, whether it was a doctor's appointment, dinner, family gathering, or just driving.......

Over the course of the last 10 years, I have literally put over half a million miles on my vehicles with my various escapades with dog shows anywhere and everywhere east of the Mississippi and a couple stints in Kansas City and Wichita for good measure, countless field training trips to PA and MD with my dogs......

......and finally this past weekend, I exprience my first blowout, and I mean blowout!! The entire sidewall was literally gone from where the pop occurred.

Well that didn't rain on my parade, you see I still managed to change the tire, get cleaned up and make it to the launch for our planned family outing that day.

Playing Pit Crew enroute to a Family Outing

That didn't stop us from having fun and catching some fish.

Hope you enjoy the photos (some by me using the GoPro and the others by my wife with her awesome Canon 10D) and the tale of our holiday adventure.

Thanks.
    Hobie Fishing Team - Central VA Local Pro
    PowerTeam Lures
    Froggin' For Bass and Other Kayak Adventures - a blog about my life in a kayak to date

Aside from the tire, that sounds like a really nice trip. Good pics, too. The pinfish really cracks me up.

I had a rear tire blow out once. I was heading off to college and had just bought some new, cheap tires for my trusty old '85 Cavalier about a week before the trip. This was back when Firestone was in the news for making crummy tires. I was driving on 81 and heard a funny noise followed by some rumbling. I checked my mirror and saw an ancient pick up pulling along side me. I thought, "Jeez, that truck is loud. It must not have a muffler." The noise persisted as the truck drove past, so I looked over my shoulder and saw smoke pouring out of the back of my car. I thought my car was on fire and just about had a heart attack. I pulled over and saw that the entire sidewall had blown out. One of the front tires went flat about a month later. It's been Michelins or Yokohamas for me ever since.
    Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
    Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Working...
    X