First time with a yak in bethany this weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First time with a yak in bethany this weekend

So Im headed down to behany to spend the weekend with family this coming weekend. My mom really wants to try to kayak so I promised Id bring mine with me. She lives all the way down central ave near the vfw, quillens point. I believe that is on the assawoman??

Anyways I may as well bring some rods too and try some fishing. I am mostly a freshwater fisher and dont know too much about how to fish that area. What could I expect to catch there and what would be the preferred baits? Live or artificial. I prefer throwin artificials over soaking bait.

Any and all help is much appreciated!!!

I am assuming you will be doing surf launch.

Launching against incoming surf and coming back with surf is something you need to deal with. It can be tricky

I suggest you carry only one rod and a small tackle box. Leash the paddle, rod and the tackle box. My friend lost his rods and a case of beer (12 packs) during the first try. He wasn’t drunk.
    Later we found the most of beer on the sand

joe
    Fish like there's no tomorrow.
    Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

I will probably be launching from a boat ramp near our beach house in the back bay, which I believe is called the Assawoman bay. As far as I can tell there are no waves there.

Comment

should be some flounder,croaker and spot in the bay, gulp on a 1/4 oz jig head, squid, bloodworns and shrimp work for baits also try small spinners around the grassy points

Comment

Working...
        X