Yak fishing in Michigan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yak fishing in Michigan

Went to visit family over the weekend, I stayed with my parents who just happen to live on a small private lake. This is a lake that I have fished before but with the hot summer there was a big fish kill (mostly pike) earlier in the year. Not deterred by that I grabbed some of my old tackle a single rod and went out in a 10 ft touring Yak.

I started fishing my usual spots working an area I know usually holds decent bass and only caught a small Bluegill on a rubber worm. I So I paddled further into the lake out of the sun and spotted a nice small point with a sandbar that dropped off sharply . Second cast caught a around a 12"-13" Large Mouth bass, and missed a second one. Then moved across the lake to another small point, this one with lots of downed tress and cover. Got 4 more bass of decent size then headed in.

Went out this morning, fished the same area had a large 17"+ bass hooked near the sandbar but the fish jumped and spit the hook. After that I had to cut my trip short due to the spinning reel starting to act up (major backlash issues and started to sound like a cement mixer).

Sorry for no pics, I forgot my camera on this trip now all I need is some luck that my plane home actually departs, its only 5 hours late
    Mike

2015 Hidden Oak Slayer Propel 10

nice post dear friend.
    Drift, Die Punch | Spline Milling Cutters | Side & Face Cutters

Comment

Working...
    X