Late Labor Day Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Late Labor Day Report

Fished out of Hemingways on Labor day. Was on the water by about 7am and fished until 2ish. Caught a dozen spot off the second pillon from shore and went to the north span and started live lining. Caught my first fish at the first set of double pillons, a real nice mid 30 inch rock that I didn't get a picture of because my camera was stuck in my bag behind the seat Released it and continued working my way out to deeper water. Ended up spending ost of the day fishing a set of double pillons on the north span in the 56A area ( I think...) Outgoing tide was ok but when the tide turned around and started incoming was when I did the best! Ended up landing 10-12, missing 6-8 runs and busting 3 off when they wrapped me around pillons or something on the bottom. 2 fish in the mid 30 inch range and the rest between 18-28 . Also caught some spot out deeper near the double pillon I was fishing after I used my first dozen. Larger spot in the 6 inch range seem to be getting better quality Rock for me anyways. Btw, people were chasing breaking fish around most of the day as well but it seemed to be nothing but small blues. Good fishin

Chimo

Couple Pics

awesome pics...nice job
    Hobie Revolution 13
    Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

Labor Day

Nice Job. Thanks for the report. Good pictures. I have troulbe getting pictures onto the site, myself. I'll figure it out. Again, thanks.

Comment

Great report! Two mid-30's fish is a great day for sure!
        Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
        Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
        https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Very nice fish. and a great day.

How was the water on the east side of the bay that morning? I was in one of the yellow Gordon's fisherman SPSP rental boats with a buddy on the west side and it was very choppy

Comment

Sweet! Nice report. 10-12 landed in a day is awesome. Getting to my favorite time of year! Thanks for the report!

Comment

very nice. see you saturday

Comment

Thanks for the comments everyone! Mmanolis2001, the morning was fine but around 12:30-1 the wind started whistling through the line on my fishing rods and it got a bit choppy. Definately a little more than the 5-7 mph the weather report was calling for I need to start packing a lunch so I can stay on the water a little longer when they are biting like Monday Good fishing

Chimo

btw, see everyone at the m&g

Comment

Great report! And love the pics! I gotta get a new camera for my trips...mine died. LOL

MYT

Comment

Working...
                  X