Potomac River South

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potomac River South

Anyone fish anywhere from smallwood state park all the way down to around the 301 bridge? I came across this site and didn't realize there were others out kayak fishing in maryland. Never see anyone else out there except the boats, might be just the area i'm in.

If anyone drops in these waters let me know. I sort of stopped taking the kayak out since there wasn't anyone else around, although from the activity on this site that might change.

Thanks

Potomac

Welcome to the site. I felt the same way, as I did not see any other kayakers fishing in the South River area where I am from. I oftern wondered why kayak fishing was not catching on in this area. I was even thinking of trying to start a kayak fishing club in the Annapolis area, to generate interest. Then I discovered this site. It was a relief to find others in the area with the same interest. I have seen others from the site who have fished out of Smallwood State Park. I have thought about it myself, there and Fort Washington. Maybe some day. I have fished the upper Potomac, above Harpers Ferry. I like the river in that area and fishing for smallmouth. I generally fish there several times a year. You will find others from this site who fish the area. As you have discovered, this is a great site, with knowledgeable kayak anglers.

Good Luck.

Comment

Welcome to the site!

I fish from Goose Bay (Port Tobacco Creek entrance) to the 301 Bridge and south pretty regularly, although, not as much as in years past. I'll be down there a lot more as the water starts to cool, but due to time constraints I'll probably be on a boat.

I'm trying to figure out a way I can get down these potentially this Sunday to fish around the bridge. There are several others on here that fish that water regularly as well. What do you fish for?
      Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
      Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
      https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

welcome. you guys arent alone, when i started 4 years ago i almost never saw another kayak angler, now its a lot more common you just have to know where to find us.

i usually go over the 301 bridge once a month early but never see anyone ether.

Comment

beakon, are you strictly evenings and weekends or do you have weeday fishing hours? It's getting to be that Aqualand time of year.

Comment

Bob- I was out there last Sunday and hit the rockpiles I know further up the river I know. Managed 3 keepers and about 11 shorts + two bullfish. I can't wait for those rays to head out of the river.

Let me know when you're heading to Aqualand area again.
            Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
            Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
            https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Working...
            X