Laborday granslam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laborday granslam

Wife and I put together a NICE Fish-Fry yesterday AM up here in South Jersey:

Great backwater Sod-Bank fishing firing up for the Fall-Run!!!

WURK2FISH

How are the sods fishing at IBSP? I heard it's completely different than what it used to be and people are having trouble finding fish up there? I've been wanting to go there for a long time to fish from shore then I found out how great the backside can be from a kayak...

It's definitely on my list of places I want to fish!
    Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
    Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
    https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Personally, I've never fished behind IBSP. I've fished behind Barnegat Inlet just below IBSP.....didn't fair well on that trip.

I fish extreme SJ in the Backwaters behind the barrier Islands......that's where I tend to find a lot more fish
      WURK2FISH

Comment

That Sheep head is a brute. Great bag of fish there

Comment

I couldn't see the pictures before (at work), that's an awesome bag of fish you have there! I would love to catch a sheepshead like that one!

When you say South Jersey... How far south are you?! I have only caught sheepsheads down in sc, guess I need to look for them up here too!
          Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
          Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
          https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by mmanolis2001 View Post
            That Sheep head is a brute. Great bag of fish there

Thanks! He put up one HECK of a fight!!! Lots of runs and back and fourths around the Yak!!!

I use a St. Croix Mojo-Bass 7'-6" Conventional 3/8 to 1-1/4 oz. with a Shimano Curado 301........so you can imagine the fight
            WURK2FISH

Comment

Originally posted by Redfish12 View Post
              I couldn't see the pictures before (at work), that's an awesome bag of fish you have there! I would love to catch a sheepshead like that one!

When you say South Jersey... How far south are you?! I have only caught sheepsheads down in sc, guess I need to look for them up here too!
              Thanks again!

Cape May area in the Tidal Creeks close to inlets
              WURK2FISH

Comment

nice bag-o-fish, thats some tasty ones too.

Comment

Originally posted by surfdog View Post
                  nice bag-o-fish, thats some tasty ones too.
                  Thanks Dog!

We ate 1/2 the Sheepshead and the Trigger last night for dinner.

The Trigger was BANGIN'!!! Sheepshead was great as well.....but that Trigger....man!

We Fry all our fish....I've heard of Fish-Tacos for Sheepshead and Triggers and also grillin' 'em.......we eat our fried.....and they are just as good fried-up as Mahi or Yellowfin Tuna.....if not better!!!
                  WURK2FISH

Comment

tog are mighty tasty too. havent been to cape may area in a long time and every time i go to CHSP its too windy to go to the wall for sheeps and tog, hopefully the oct M&G will be calm so any one who wants to try the wall can get to it

Comment

Wind does make it difficult......we were in 6-10 most of the AM....a little windier than I prefer....but you have to take what you get sometimes!

Mind you....I won't fish in 15 or better......even in the Hobies. Just not worth it....UNLESS it's topwater action
                      WURK2FISH

Comment

yeah this weekend was tough pretty windy. i was out on the water as earl went by but kinda sheltered from the 20+ gusts but fishing was off. went to romancoke first but way too exposed to the east wind

Comment

Originally posted by surfdog View Post
                          yeah this weekend was tough pretty windy. i was out on the water as earl went by but kinda sheltered from the 20+ gusts but fishing was off. went to romancoke first but way too exposed to the east wind

Yeah......I read ya'lls reports on the wind affecting ya's down there.

I use the "Live Forecasts" to plan my trips........and try to use different spots to my advantage with the wind...............ie. fish Westwall with winds out of the west and vice versa for East winds.......stay tucked in next to land to avoid wave build-up across open water.

We had North right down the Tidal-Creek we were fishing which helped get us down to the fish-spot against an incoming tide......but was wind in our face going against an outgoing tide for the peddle-up.....little tougher!
                          WURK2FISH

Comment

i allways check the marine forecast before a trip but they aren't allways on the money. they say 5-10 with 1' waves and you get out and its blowing 10-17+ with 2-3' chop you gotta have a plan "B" ready. for the oct. 9 M&G at CHSP backup plan will be Lewes canal.

Comment

Usually "Plan B" for me is go home and go back to bed
                              WURK2FISH

Comment

Working...
                              X