Eastern Bay 09.05.10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eastern Bay 09.05.10

I launched from Romancoke at 330PM. This was my first time launching from here and i havent been to this pier in YEARS. I used to crab and fish off this pier as a kid with my dad, and in my teen years. it has changed so much, the structure itself, from being rebuilt after hurricane isabel to the fishermen. wild.

My plan was to head towards bloody point and look for birds with the intentions of catching spanish mackeral. I brought no livewell, no bait hooks, and no bait. Only metals and 4 jig heads with plastic.

It was absolutely beautiful out there and eastern bay is lively with views and life.

from romancoke, i headed southwest and about 60 minutes later i see a fish fly out of the water about 200 yards away from me. I really thought it was a spaniard. i head that way and it's a HUGE bait ball. the surface wasnt boiling like i wanted, but my fish finder was having a hard time telling sea floor to bait it was so thick.

I threw everything i had and nothing. again, no birds, and no bloiling, but blues were definitly going after something.

since no luck, i decided to leave and continue on my path to the mouth of the bay.

well, 1.5 hours later, i see bloody point in the distance and i want to touch it, but from my calculations, looks like if i continue the plan, i'll be landing in the dark. even thought i was prepared, i just didnt feel comfortable so i turned around paddled the edge of hooligans snooze.

anyways,
    i paddle back to romancoke, saw tons of bait fish on the surface and tons of marks on the FF, but i couldnt buy a bite. It was a great day on the water and great recon mission....i'll land them soon...

i have to admit, i learned a ton and will have a better plan next time i fish the area..

i'll try and put up some more pic and a video soon
    Attached Files
    sigpic

so im not the only one that couldnt get them to bite, the little bastards, very frustrating. i was marking fish right off the duck blind in 8' and 25'. next time its droon spoons, hopkins and kastmasters.

Comment

here was a little surprise while i was out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUOvGoyr_mU
      sigpic

Comment

looks like the wind droped off, i was taking quite a few over the bow and bouncing like a five dollar hooker on saturday night

Comment

Working...
        X