Earl + Bridge = Fun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Earl + Bridge = Fun

Went out this afternoon to the bay bridge to see what Earl brought us....

It was wicked out there! Not sure how high the seas were but it was definitely gusting over 30 and there was no competition at the pilings! Didn't matter because we didn't get to fish. We regularly had waves crashing over our boats and very confused water. I put the rods in the rod pod and we did some storm practice for awhile. It was pretty fun out there but definitely rough. Coming in the waves and wind were heading with us and the backs of our boats kept getting picked up and flipped sideways into the breaking waves, made for an interesting paddle in!

I'm looking for a sheltered place to fish with my girlfriend tomorrow- anyone know of a good place?
    Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
    Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
    https://www.backyardboats.com/

There are two launches on Tuckahoe Creek above the choptank that is supposed to be a nice paddle, fish for LM Bass. Look up kayak launch in Maryland on google and you will find them. Good Luck, I am dealing with my rental home in Dundalk after an eviction so I will be out of commission for a few weeks, fun huh!!

Comment

Hey man I'd try the 301 Bridge. It's pretty easy to paddle around and no boat traffic. The REDS might be there!
      www.anglerswithoutborders.com
      Travel. Explore. Fish.

Comment

i keep forgetting to check these back forums. redfish shoot me a pm if you want to take your gf out on the severn at the navy rec. fairly quite and we blasted the wps this morning 1 was pushing 12 and over a pound.

you should bring her to the M&G next week, plenty of calmer places to fish there and build her confidence on the water. Matt would be happy if she brought her friends

Comment

Thanks for tips guys. Ended up calling my h&l guy down in Goose Bay and we hit the areas around the 301 bridge from his boat. Managed 3 keepers on a swamp monkey and lots of shorts. She caught a couple on the standard white sassy shad but I wanted to bother my buddy by fishing something different... about the 10th fish he started asking me questions about the lure.

It was a beautiful day out there on the water and a very nice sunset! I've got company coming in from out of town this weekend and she's going to be helping her sister move in NYC, so neither of us will be there unfortunately. I'll definitely send you a PM when I know of a good time for us to try the Navy Rec center, do you need a CAC to get to it or is it public?

Comment

I also hooked 2 big cow-nosed rays in the mouth that took me on quite a run. I was using light tackle and those things can really take some line. I was afraid of snapping the rod... but I wanted my jig back so I played with them for awhile while they casted the rock piles. I got them to the boat but when they saw the net they took off and took my jigs with them. Oh well, I can't wait for those things to leave. My buddy has been having a lot of luck bottom bouncing around the channel edges, but we only made a couple of passes with oyster shells to show for it.

Heard another bull was caught up in the port tobacco creek, which is crazy because I used to wade there... That's the farthest up I've heard of them... The red should be here, maybe I can sneak away one evening this week.

Comment

you need DoD or military ID but i can get you in as a guest. its only about 1.5 miles from JGP if you launched from there head left.

Bull sharks are all over the bay, sad that they are being killed they eat the stinking rays. some have been sited in the severn.

Comment

I am DOD so that should work, what's the process for getting a guest on? (eg girlfriend)

We might try one evening this week if we can get some errands done. I'll pm you for more details if so or to see if you can make it.

It's too bad about the sharks, the top predator is essential for any ecosystem.

Comment

Working...
                X