oc question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oc question

Hey everyone i was just wondering if anyone knew the answers to some of these questions. Im most likely getting down oc september 22 to 25 and wanted to bring the kayak and put in the back bay during the day and fish the oceanic pier (off the pier) at night. Now i keep reading people getting there kayaks stolen and dont wanna risk that. I could park in my moms private spot under the hotel (she owns the place) and maybe be ok there. Next question is where can i put in at to fish the back bay? Sometimes the currents rough and ill be in my ascend fs12t. Ive read reports of people successfully fishing that area (1 person got em off route 50 bridge at night by yak). Any comments/recommendations would be appreciated! Thanks guys

The rt 90 bridge is ussually good in early morning and late afternoon for the flatties. I launched at the park on the island on rt 90 and paddled around the fishing pier to the left, going east from the park, under the bridge at about the 3rd or 4th bridge piling and to a hole about 150 yrds past the bridge span. You won't have any problem finding it in the morning. There is normally about 4 or 5 boats fishing that big hole. You can also do the Ditch just over the Delaware line. I think its rt 54. Its just over the line and after you pass the lighthouse on your right, you will come to a small bridge going over a narrow causeway. I launched at the jet ski rental on the right. That area opens up to the northern part of Assawoman Bay. The stretch right at the bridge for about 100yds either side is about 46ft deep and loaded with flatties and stripers. I also got a few nice rays. Talk about pullage!!!! There is a tackle shop just over the Fenwick, De line on the right. He's next to or just past the fisher's popcorn place on the right. He is a wealth of knowledge about the area and the Ditch. You can also go to the Indian River inlet. I wouldn't fish it in a Yak but there is some AWESOME Striper fishing there. DO NOT FISH THAT IN A YAK. Yakers have been killed in that waterway.
    I had a blast launching down at rt 90. There is also a place on the western side of rt 50 bridge. Its a marina and public launch but can't remember the name of the road. We had a M&G there last year. There is also a beach launch further down that same road at the end of it. That beach launch is directly across from the inlet. Even some good surf fishing there only without the surf... LOL. I had a nice time with a 6 ft rod and some peeler and squid.
    Hope all that helps.
    Last edited by medicyaker; 08-18-2012, 12:42 PM.
    Tom Brown
    Pro Staff: Balloon FisherKing, Catch 5 Baits, Century Rods, Smith Optics.
    2012 Hobie PA 14'
    Ocean Kayak Tident 13
    2012, 2014, 2015, CBKA Tournament 1st place Crab Div.

Comment

She is a third owner for the condo 601 at the fountainhead. We rent it out a 2 grand a week. Its been rented out all summer and the 22 to 25 are the only openings for us. Ill look into those spots thanks for the info!

Comment

Working...
      X