RI Report 8-15-2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RI Report 8-15-2012

Went back to Delaware yesterday and fished RI from 6-11am. Launched at the public boat ramp and started catching Toads on Gulp while drifting up channel with the tide. Once the tide changed to outgoing the Flounder started hitting! Got a keeper off one of the pylons on the structure directly across from the CG Station. That magic 1 - 2 hours after a tide change seems to be my ticket with these flounder, after that it became harder to stay on the structure with the increasing current, I could see where a Hobie would have had an advantage here being able to hover, but I still had Flounder in my Malibu!

Anyway, Flounder fishing is coming on strong in Delaware, and worth the drive.
    Get Some!

God IS Good!
    GB

WTG Grady.
    2012 Hobie Revo 13'
    2012 Hobie PA12'

Comment

NICE great report... I'll be in DE on vacation all next week, definitely trying to catch a flounder

Comment

Nice work, Michael. Were you using one of your special bucktails with the Gulp?
        Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
        Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Great Report GB!!! Man we gotta hook up soon.

Comment

Hey Everybody, Man I was thinking of all you guys Wed. Such a relaxed
            take-your-time kind of day, I know you all would have loved it!! I'll post
            some pics when I get a chance.
            Anyway
            Thanks Shield, I know you can appreciate! Check your PM box.
            Camelbird, ENJOY your week, Chartruse Bucktails w/Gulp will catch you some.
            Bill, Missing you this year Buddy, when we hookin up?
            Mytmouse, just get ready for Kiptopeke this fall youngin!
            Jay & Langston (Yo Momma!) Lol

Heading to Bellvue with Martin & John (sounds like a 60s song huh?) Sat.
            meeting 4:30 @ Wawa!
            Peace
            GB

Comment

nice work pops(; see you saturday

got to get a 3-4' piece of coated chain to drag and slow the drift, drift socks and buckets dont work in current they drift with you

Comment

I usually don't fight the current there. I just jig along with the rips to get to the bottom. I see a lot of boats drift the middle of the inlet channel, and they catch flatties. You can catch flatties around a lot of areas around there. Going to Lewes again this weekend. Anyway, good job and thanks for the report!
                2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Working...
                X