Crabs, crabs, crabs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crabs, crabs, crabs

The crabbing continues to be good in the South River. I went to the community marina again and caught three dozen crabs in a couple of hours. After reaching three dozen, I began culling the smaller crabs. I didn't catch as many jumbos this time, but I still caught alot of large sized crabs. If I would have kept all of the legal sized crabs in the traps, I would have had many more.

I think I'll continue to crab until the trolling bite starts up in the South River. Last year it was great. I may also try to go to the upper Potomac for smallmouth, if I get the time.

Good luck.

well done...when is the off season for crabs? Do they still run into the winter?
    Hobie Revolution 13
    Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

Crabs

No, nothing in the winter. They go into the mud.

Comment

I got another 3/4 bushel out of the gunpowder. The crabbing seemed a little slower than usual and I'm not sure why. I really had to work to get them. The other crabbers around were talking and noticed the same thing. I wonder if it had anything to do with the upcoming hurricane? I've been told you can crab into october. I think september is supposed to be the best month for getting big ones.
        Attached Files

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
        Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
        Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
        Kokatat Pro Staff
        Torqeedo Pro Staff
        Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
        Alan

Comment

Crabs

Now that's the "Land of Pleasant Living."

Good Luck.

Comment

Thanks for the report~
            sigpic

Comment

MMMM MMMM a feast fit for kings!! LOL Great report and pic! I've never tried that beer b4...any good?

MYT

Comment

Working...
              X