Lease Bay Bridge Pilings for Fishing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lease Bay Bridge Pilings for Fishing?

Did you know that the Canadian government leases their best fishing spots every 10 years? http://www.gnb.ca/cnb/news/nr/2003e0029nr.htm I am thinking Maryland should lease indivdual bay bridge pilings, might help pay off some of the debt? How much would you pay to have exclusive rights to a particular piling for the next 10 years?
    Made a quick trip to Tabusintac River, New Brunswick Canada this week, right at 1000 miles NE of Maryland. Had not been there before, my father-in-law has tried to talk me into it for years. Now that I have a passion for kayak fishing decided to give it a try. It is a great area for Atlantic Salmon and Brook Trout.

You can only fish salmon with a fly and a single hook. I was glad to see that the river was full of stripers again. The river had been fished out, New Brunswick has been a moritorium on rockfish in effect for several years.

Was not sure what to expect, new I couldn't fish for stripers, the salmon were way up river in leased areas so I decided to try nightcrawlers (always good for finding out what kind of fish are around) and I had grabbed a bottle of Gulp Trout worms my last trip to Bass Pro.

What I did learn is how much a fishfinder can help in a new area. Found a fishing hole with flounder in it. We were about 4 miles up river still in tidal water. The locals I met, who had been fishing the area for their entire life, didn't believe me and had never caught flounder that far up river, fortunately I took pictures. They had also never seem a Hobie Revoltion in action.

While fishing for trout I found out that stripers really like Gulp Trout worms, must be because they look like small bloodworms.

Anyway it was a good trip, lots of driving to get there but sure was easier and cheaper to throw a couple kayaks on the roof, bring a fishfinder then paying a guide or pulling a boat 1000 miles.

sounds like you had a good trip, post some pics. ive been feeling lost with out mne but got it back. i am remounting itnow using vaseline/sponge method this time. thanks to the wind today i can get this done and be back on the water in the morning.

leasing a piling? you would have to hire guards to keep poachers off your piling

Comment

Working...
    X