Proud kayak owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proud kayak owner

Well, I did it. Got to easton sport and cycle at 5 mins to closing time and the owner stayed an additional 2 hours to help me out, but I did get two kayaks.
    Got the revolution and 13' prowler trident angler.
    Tomorrow will be my first attempte at kayaking. Still have the yaks on the car.
    -Jimbo-

Berkley Powerpro - 100 yrd spool - 30#
    Berkley Powerpro - 100 yrd spool - 20#
    Fishbites - Saltwater version

The owner of eastonsport and cycle is a super guy. Well informed, too nice of a guy, super professional and gives great service!
    -Jimbo-

Comment

Good for you! Let us know how your first time out goes. Good luck on the fishing. A quick tip: Usually when I go out I am fishing for bass so I am working the shorelines. However, often times I'll float a night crawler on another rod behind me as I'm moving along. It will almost assure you of catching fish...and you never really know what you are going to get while using live bait. If there's too much scum or weeds or if the water is too shallow this does not work very well.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
      Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
      Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
      Kokatat Pro Staff
      Torqeedo Pro Staff
      Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
      Alan

Comment

Congrats welcome to the club!

Comment

I took both of them out today. First time on Kayaks, so I don't have much to compare to. Peddling the revo was really neat. I don't like the thump every time the "flippers" hit the hull on each stroke. I'm happy with the speed it has. It is definately not as stable as the Prowler and you seemed cramped for space compared to the Prowler. I'm wondering if I should've went with the outback.

I had a blast on playing around with both of them. Looking forward to going out fishing.
          -Jimbo-

Comment

Excellent Choice !!!!!!!! 2 Great Yaks ........

Comment

you need to adjust the peddle stroke, probably move it to around 3 so your stroke does not go too far and hit the bottom of the kayak. play around with the range until you get it right, no bottom knocking

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo View Post
                I took both of them out today. First time on Kayaks, so I don't have much to compare to. Peddling the revo was really neat. I don't like the thump every time the "flippers" hit the hull on each stroke. I'm happy with the speed it has. It is definately not as stable as the Prowler and you seemed cramped for space compared to the Prowler. I'm wondering if I should've went with the outback.

I had a blast on playing around with both of them. Looking forward to going out fishing.
                WOW ......... The full service dealer didn't set them up or give you proper instructions ........... That is not the kind of service I would expect for a place that depends on their reputation for business ...........

Sounds like they didn't let to demo 1 first either ............ I expect something like that from Dick's or Bass pro but not a dealer .........

Comment

In all fairness to the dealer, I decided when I was there, at closing time, that I was going to buy new. I planned on buying out of his rental fleet. The owner of the shop stayed there about an additional two hours while I took care of several "administrative" things.

I absolutely have no beef with the shop. Anything I'm lacking is my fault.
                  -Jimbo-

Comment

impulse buying, very bad

Comment

Jimbo, I have been dealing with Ryan for a couple years, he has given me very good advice and always answers my questions. When I was looking he told me that the Revolution would be the best for kayak fishing, I have fished in it over 200 days in the last 18 months, it has been a great boat.

Comment

[QUOTE=eastonkayaker;3068]Jimbo, I have been dealing with Ryan for a couple years, he has given me very good advice and always answers my questions. When I was looking he told me that the Revolution would be the best for kayak fishing, I have fished in it over 200 days in the last 18 months, it has been a great boat.[/QUOTE]

Easton, that's intense! I'm guessing you're out to sea since we haven't heard from you in awhile. I hope to get half the trips you've had in the next 18 months!
                        Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
                        Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
                        https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Two kayaks in one trip? You sir must possess a strong ability to persuade or just not be married. Look forward to seeing you on the water sometime soon.

Jason

Comment

Easton Sport and Cycle

I can vouch for Ryan and his team. That's where my 2009 demo Revo came from. (with props to Bryan (eastonkayaker) for the assist))... Saved a few bucks on a demo yak and when I went to pick it up Sean was more than helpful. Going through a dealer I got all the extras of a Hobie (seat, paddle, hatch tackle storage bin, water bottle, oh, and a Mirage drive ). AND the second year of warranty on the hull from Hobie passed through to me!

Zero complaints.

Comment

Working...
                            X