Lake Anna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lake Anna

Headed to Lake Anna with the family on August 12 for a week stay at a house on the private side. Never fished it before. Does anyone have suggestions that would help me with yak fishing there? Also might want to hire a guide to learn a little about the water early in the week. Anyone have recommendations on who to use?
    Thanks,
    Bruce

For the private side, it might help if you can narrow down which portion - there are different areas separated by a series of channels/causeways. The further you go south east away from the power plant, the cooler the water will be. The water temps in the main discharge path can get pretty warm even with the main deep hole that is over 50' deep. There are white perch, bass, catfish, crappie, etc. all through there. Between dike 2 and dike 3 is your best bet for water temps this time of year. As far as guides, I would check with McCotter's Guide Service.
    Hobie Fishing Team - Central VA Local Pro
    PowerTeam Lures
    Froggin' For Bass and Other Kayak Adventures - a blog about my life in a kayak to date

Comment

The place I'm staying at is 199 Emma Jane Lane in Bumpass, VA. Does that help narrow it??

Comment

Yep - you will be down at the end of the causeway that leads into the lower body of private water and is bordered on the eastern side by Dike #3. The specific location is: 199 Emma Lane

You can try trolling a shad style crankbait in the 8-15' range out in the deeper cuts, a shakey head along the dike wall works well and a chartreuse and white spinnerbait over secondary points to get you started. If that doesn't pan out, take an ultralight with you and tie on a hi/lo rig with a Road Runner down low and a single dropper loop about 12" above with a 1/0 mosquito or circle hook and a 2-3 Berkley Gulp Minnow. That might land you some crappie or perch hanging around the docks or submerged trees.

Good luck.
        Hobie Fishing Team - Central VA Local Pro
        PowerTeam Lures
        Froggin' For Bass and Other Kayak Adventures - a blog about my life in a kayak to date

Comment

Thanks for the tips. I will surely try them all.

Comment

There's a Bumpass virginia? Hah thats hilarious and totally juvenile on my part, LOL.
            What you give, you become.

Comment

Working...
            X