Canada, Charlton ONT......hot weather, poor fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canada, Charlton ONT......hot weather, poor fishing

Just completed our annual trip to Charlton, ONT Canada where we have a little water access only cottage. The area has been suffering a drought (sound familiar) so the lake was warm and low. Fishing was poor by the usual standards but we did catch a few fish. My wife, Ardella, outfished my daughter and I which was unusual. We had a great time anyway. Here are a few pics
    Our first catch of the trip....big mussel My Daughter caught the first Walleye, cat, and Pike of the trip...and did not catch another for 7 days except this
    Attached Files
    Last edited by kevinfry; 07-19-2012, 11:04 PM.
    14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
    2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

My wifes big day came on her birthday. She caught all this...the kid and I were skunked

and on our last day of fishing she got this monster 4 pound smallie

Comment

On her b-day The wife caught all these fish...daughter and I got skunked
      Then late in the week on the only rainy day she caught this MONSTER 4 lb Smallmouth!

Comment

My efforts/contributions were mostly pathetic.......

Wife and her new Pompano 'yak
        the infamous cottage on our last day

Comment

Wow, if that was slow, I'd like to see average. That was a nice variety of species and some killer smallies, too.
          Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
          Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

only smallmouth we've ever caught on the lake.....they are fairly rare in Long Lake. It is primo walleye habitat though.....when it rains a couple times a month. That is one of the biggest caught on the lake according to our friend at the Moose Haven Lodge http://www.moosehaven.ca/

Comment

wow! that smallie is so dark it almost looks like a tog. birthday luck (;

Comment

Originally posted by surfdog View Post
                wow! that smallie is so dark it almost looks like a tog. birthday luck (;
                Yeah you might notice in the kayak pic how stained the water is. It is like really dark Lipton tea. I'm told this is due to the leaching from the leaves of birch and hard poplar forest surrounding it. any fish with camouflage adaptation ability is correspondingly dark. Usually keeps the lake cool to0...if there is a rain once in a while.

Comment

Working...
                X