Outer Banks Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outer Banks Question

I must confess, I have lived in Maryland all my life, and I have never been to the Outer Banks. However, the Redfish down there have been talking to me in my sleep. I think I am going to have to make the trip.

1. Are there any hotels or motels that cater to kayak fishers? Otherwise, where are some good places to stay?

2. Are there any hotels or motels that are near good places to launch?

3. Where are some of the best places to launch to fish for redfish?

4. Any other helpful information you can offer on this subject? Remember this is my first trip.

In advance, thanks for the help.
    Last edited by DOGFISH; 08-26-2010, 12:14 PM. Reason: Addition, correction

Hello! I have been Surf Fishing from there for many years, and all the Kayak fishing that is done down there is one of the reasons I got mine, but I must admit that I have not been out in it yet down there, nor do I know a lot of specifics on the how/where from a kayak, but I can recommend some places to stay and try. Up North at Kitty Hawk and Nags Head, there is the Oregon Inlet, and oregon inlet fishing center, if you launch there you can find alot of the shallow marshes and redfish/trout territory. I have always used the cheapest motel when I stay up there, or the camp ground. The inlet is large and runs fast, not sure about the safety of Kayaking out there without prior boating experience, stick to the shallow stuff.

Down towards Buxton, the Buxton beach Motel is the fishermans motel. They can give you fishing information and nice rates on rooms. Down south from that towards Frisco is drum dum's place, another good deal and very fisherman friendly. It is a beach house, with rooms seperated off for the Motel room type portion. They are friendly and the rooms are clean and cheap! http://www.pierandsurf.com/ads/drumdum/

I love it down there. If you goto the NC Fisheries site, they have an access map that lists all the sound side 4x4 beach accesses that you can launch a kayak from. Here is another launch site that is very near a place called the Canadian hole, a big deep depression that people like to hit for trout.

http://www.windvisions.com/Hatteras/canadian_hole.html
    Good luck!
    TJ

Originally posted by DOGFISH View Post
    I must confess, I have lived in Maryland all my life, and I have never been to the Outer Banks. However, the Redfish down there have been talking to me in my sleep. I think I am going to have to make the trip.

1. Are there any hotels or motels that cater to kayak fishers. Otherwise, where are some good places to stay?

2. Are there any hotels or matels that are near good places to launch?

3. Where are some of the best places to launch to fish for redfish?

4. Any other helpful information you can offer on this subject? Remember this is my first trip.

In advance, thanks for the help.

Comment

Thanks!

Thank you for the great information.

Comment

Working...
      X