X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meet n Greet, Feeling leftout and a few other thoughts

All:

A few thoughts, in no particular order:

1. I can't make it to the meet and greet (again!) A pre-scheduled trip to Orlando gets in the way this time. Best of luck to everyone. Here is my question though:

Because I am going to miss the meet n greet, would it be possible for someone to send me a. any car sticker or kayak sticker that is made up and b. a copy of the phone/contact list/card? I can send you a selfaddressed stamped envelope

2. Keep up the great reports and picture taking. I think that it is great that us yakers havent adopted the ridiculous "spot burning" theory. When I am at work, the stories and pictures make me feel like I am there.

3. Although my work schedule is looking pretty heavy, as the weather cools (September -November) I intend to increase the amount of fishing i do. If i can get out two to three times each week I will be happy. Im coming from Reisterstown but I like to travel so please keep me in the loop for any trips.

4. Does anyone have an electronic fishing log that they use? An excel speadsheet or similar format?

5. Im rethinking my current lighting situation. Im thinking about picking up the VISIPoleā„¢ high visibility safety light/flag pole and the NITEStripeā„¢ SOLAS pinstriping kit. Anyone have either of these products? Let me know your thoughts? (I think we covered this in another thread, but it might be worth bringing it up again.)
    Jason

I'd be happy to pick up the card and sticker for you. I live off of Reisterstown Rd just north of the beltway to so you could probably just stop by and pick it up sometime if you wanted. PM me if you want to work something out. I like that there is information being shared here as well! This is my first summer in the salt and I am picking it up as I go. This site and the people on here have made picking live lining up pretty simple and I am sure I continue to learn a lot more from everyone Good fishin

Chimo

Comment

Yakattack

I use the yakattack lighted pole with orange flag. It is great. The light atop the pole is great and is brighter than I had imagined. It even gives off some ambiant light for night fishing. Even though this is not enough for tying. It is a great product. Yakattach, in addition to the original, is now making a lighter thinner version of the pole.

Comment

Lights

Originally posted by DOGFISH View Post
        I use the yakattack lighted pole with orange flag. It is great. The light atop the pole is great and is brighter than I had imagined. It even gives off some ambiant light for night fishing. Even though this is not enough for tying. It is a great product. Yakattach, in addition to the original, is now making a lighter thinner version of the pole.
        After thinking about this, you may want to check out navisafe lights. The entire line of products can be seen at navisafe.no. I use the green/red/white and the 360 white light. I use the 360 white for night fishing. It lights up the entire area of my kayak for tying, finding things and baiting. They attach by screw or magnet. There are also attachments for using them on a pole. Between Yakattack and navisafe you should have some good choices.

Comment

1) Bummer you'll miss the next group outing. For the next M&G I will be making up new cards with new info folks have passed to me. If anyone wants one or would like to be added PM me your contact info.

2) There are really no secret spots. Everyone knows where the fish are. It's a matter of putting in the time and the technique to use at a given time of year.

3) Getting to the best time of year so I'm also planning to increase outings. Will post any plans or chime in on others to get together with like minded yakers.

4) Check this out: www.fisherslog.com

5) I've been in touch with sales at Tektite, makers of the same light visi pole users. On their web site the light is $26 + shipping. They will provide a quantity discount if we can organize a group buy. Any interest let me know and I'll see what they will do for us.

Comment

Working...
          X