Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lewes Canal? Or somewhere else?

Hello all,

I feel kind of silly asking this question, since I grew up fishing Delaware, but it was always surf fishing. I'm hoping to visit my parents in a couple of weeks, and weather permitting, I'm hoping to go fishing with my dad. I think I may have finally talked him into using my wife's kayak and trying to fish on something besides sand. I know the area fairly well - and was hoping to avoid Roosevelt Inlet area, particularly since I like to cover a lot of water and this will be on a weekend in the summer, so hoping to get away from some boat traffic.

Is it ok to fish around the CHP pier at night, around the burnt out pilings? (Are they still there?)

I was looking at fishing the back bays somewhere, similar to how we do it down here in NC in the marshes of the Cape Fear. Would this be feasible? Would we luck out on some flatties, trout, and stripers maybe? Any good launches to do this?

My dad had mentioned the Lewes-Rehobeth Canal. Is this feasible? Do you fish this as a river - and float it, using 2 vehicles etc.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

If you guys need some help and advice to kayak fishing NC, please visit www.nckfa.com.

the pier is good to fish anytime as is the lewes canal plenty of fish at night under the lights at the docks. current not to bad no problem going in and out against the tide

Comment

Working...
    X