• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sebt 11th Meet and Greet - All Set

Where: Tilghman Island - Harrisons Chesapeake House - Beach Area
    Time: 6:30 am
    Lunch: 12:00 - Harrisons - Full menu
    Fishing: - all types - you can fish eastern bay end of Tilghman Island, eastern bay toward Poplar Island, Choptank River or structures around Tilghman Island
    Largest Fish (optional): If you want to participate in contest bring lure, tackle etc valued between $5-$10. Place in grab bag before fishing with your name on item.
    Hobie/Ocean Kayak: local dealer will be on site 11:00 am if you want to test out a Hobie or Ocean Kayak.
    Accomodations: Harrisons has a motel, there is also Tilghman Island Inn or motels in St. Michaels, Easton
    Any questions let me know, please confirm if you will be there, I told Harrisons 15-25 kayakers.
    This is a great place for beginners, please tell all your friends/family who have been considering giving it a try.

I'm in! Thanks for setting this up, Bryan!! Nice work getting the local kayak dealer to come out for demos.

Comment

Count me in!

Comment

can you point out the launch site on google maps for me?

i'm in.
        sigpic

Comment

Directions to M&G

Here is this web site for restaurant/launch site directions - http://www.chesapeakehouse.com/map.htm

Comment

thanks Bryan, this time im staying for lunch!

Comment

I just realized the maryland fishing challenge awards ceremony and seafood festival is on sept 11 this year. So if I get a citation in the next week, I may sit this one out bc I wanna win that bass boat...ha
              sigpic

Comment

ill be at the fishing challenge on the 11th trying to win the boat

maybe i can meet up with you guys in the afternoon if your still out.
                Hobie Revolution 13
                Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

I'm going to have to miss as well guys. I just found out I have company from out of town in all weekend I don't think I'm going to be able to get away. If I do it will be for a few short hours very early on Saturday. I hope you guys kill it down there and take a lot of pictures!

If someone could pick up some stickers for me, I'd appreciate it!!!
                  Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
                  Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
                  https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Excellent job setting this up. I have my calendar marked

Comment

m&t

i will be there.

Comment

Coffee - Tackle Shop

Thanks, I believe there are around 10 confirmations at this point. Wanted to let everyone know that there is a Tackle shop/convience store, on the right just after you cross the Tilghmand Island bridge, they open at 0500 will have fresh coffee. Harrisons will be 1/4 to 1/2 mile past it on the left or if you want you can launch at Dogwood Harbor, it is a public boat ramp, you will see Harrisons marina straight out from the ramp. Advantage there is that you can back right up to the ramp, Harrisons will have to move your kayak a short distance.

Comment

Count me in. But I have A 10 foot sit inside, was going out to look for new sit on top but decided to wait to test out the Hobie, if any one thinks it will be a problem for the sit inside on Sat please let me know.

Thanks
                          Don't know if it works until you try it.

Ocean Kayak Big Game
                          LL Bean Manatee 10

Comment

I'll be fishing out of a 10 ft sit-in yak as well Tucked-in. Shouldn't be a problem unless it is really rough. I'm new to fishing this area and I was wondering what to expect / what types of fishing would be most productive in this area? Rock's, white perch, flounder, blues etc etc? Looking forward to the trip! Good Fishin

Chimo

Comment

Chimo, Tucked In - it is possible that all the fish you mentioned will be around, in a couple more weeks with cooler weather, cooler water, blues and rockfish will move up the Choptank, heard there are some small breakers around already, would bring topwater baits plus nightcrawlers or bloodworms (Gulp plastic bloodworms if you don't want to mess with live bait). Shouldn't need more then 1/2 to 3/4 oz weight/jigheads. Bring your favorite perch jig also. If you are fairly new to this you can go right out of the marina into the Knapps Narrows channel underneath the drawbridge many docks, pilings etc to fish in calm water. Glad you are able to join us.

Comment

Working...
                              X