Night Fishin the Severn 8/21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Night Fishin the Severn 8/21

Not too long ago I had the great idea of taking the yak out at night to beat some of the heat... I ran it by Grady-Black and he was down! So we hit up Surfnsam to see if he wanted to join us and he was up for it too!

Now as some of you well know I just purchased a fishfinder, Humminbird 150, and I have been waiting for the transducer swap so I can put it through my scupper hole. Well I got it Friday at work. So I run home get my fishfinder, sit in traffic on the way to my parent's to meet Grady-Black, stop by Home Depot to get some nuts and bolts to mount the base and then got to my parents where I got my Dad to help me drill my holes! WHEW it was frantic. Needless to say I made Grady-Black and I a little off schedule, but everything was mounted properly and I was ready to roll. I was in such a rush, I even had to finish wiring up my battery on the road! LOL. It was crazy, but I got it done. Grady-Black also made us some killer lights which we were using for the first time, we did note that we needed to make the poles taller because our heads would get in the way... LOL But visibility was high throughout the night

Well we got on the water around 8:00pm and went to our honey hole where we started picking off White Perch...some of them had some size, but a lot of them were little babies. But we had 1 target in mind that night...Croakers The WP bite was consistent til sundown and we were hoping that when the sun went down it would turn on the Croaker bite... well it didn't it seems like it turned off all the bites...we searched and searched but no fish... Grady-Black said that low tide was 9 something so I am sure that had a hand in it... We called it a night around 10 or so. Highlight of the evening was Surfnsam's mutant WP. This thing was HUGE! It could give a LMB a run for its money! LOL. Grady-Black and I caught some keeper WP and I added 2 Croakers to the mix...the weather was perfect though and it was a great night to be on the water!

The highlight of the trip was my fishfinder working! LOL. And I actually caught fish after I found them on it...way cool. I still got a bit to learn and also finish up my install, but its good to go!

MYT

Glad to hear things are going a lot better than the 1st time out at Buzz's!!

Comment

I know right!!?? LOL I actually caught fish! LOL...

Comment

Working...
      X