crap weekend.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crap weekend.

Nothing worked out this weekend. So I have had this obsession to catch a spanish mackerel from the kayak. went tot Dicks on friday night to pick up some more Kastmasters and deadly dicks...basically 30 bux in metal. In general, i want to LTJ the bay from now on, no bait, no live lining. anyways, had plans to go out on saturday morning. wake up at 3AM, go to the bathroom, then decide, eh, 5 more minutes in bend wont hurt...
    well, that 5 minutes turned into 4 hours. woke up at 7AM, F@#$! ok, i'll just go in the evening i thought, all saved. Since it was the last day of the Montgomery County Fair and i havent been there in years, thought i would check it. after some Carny food and ghetting beat up on rides that are bolted to trucks, i realized it was 4PM. Crap. i wanted to be ont he water by 3pm. decided i would go today, sunday. wake up at 3AM again and double check the marine forcast. WTF, 3 foot seas and chance of thunderstorms! when did this happen? checked the radar and saw some green and yellow and thought i would wait a bit. kept checking the live Bouy off annapolis to double check. ok, i'll go in the afternoon. the forecast must have changed 10 times during the day. basically, i could have been out there. weekend ruined. sorry for the pointless rant.
    sigpic

Where do you go to catch the macks on your kayak?I use to go on a charter boat out of OceanCity in the spring time for them.I feel really guilty when I plan to go fishing and I don't,it's like I have to make time to do things I don't like, then I blow it with things I enjoy.

Comment

my plan was to launch out of romancoke and look for breaking fish from romancoke to hooligans snooze to bloody point, but just follow the fish if i saw them.

maybe i can get out this week...

i have a feeling this may be the last week macks are this north...but then i have no idea since i havent caught one yet...

i am on the hunt though.
      sigpic

Comment

as of right now..

SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT THROUGH MONDAY MORNING

REST OF TONIGHT
        NW WINDS 10 TO 15 KT. GUSTS UP TO 20 KT. WAVES1 FT.

from radar and live bouy readings, i know i would have been fine....

i should have launched...
        sigpic

Comment

Crap weekend

been there, done that!

Comment

it happens...i've done it plenty of times. what sucks is when you read reports about fish being caught that day and you didnt make it out, then you feel quilty as hell.
            Hobie Revolution 13
            Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

Hey ......... I worked all weekend ............

but then again ......... made enough extra to get a bunch of yak stuff .......

Comment

Yep, been in that "been there done that" club before. My weekend wasn't exactly crap but there also wasn't any fishing. Went boating on the Potomac from Occoquan with the missus, her niece along with her 13 year old daughter. Lots of women on the boat!

We cruised up to Mt.Vernon to see it from the river. That was kinda cool. Cruised back south and set up in the Mattawoman for lunch, swimming and tubing. Nice not to have to worry about jellyfish! Tried to toss the missus but she hung on real good! Ended the day with a meal on the deck at Madigan's, wandering Occoquan shops but then, did find some wine tasting further up the street! Saved my day!

Comment

yup, crap weekend. went out friday night with grady black and mytmouse to greenbury point weather was good water calm but we hit it at dead low. no tide moving and no fish biting except some wp. did get a 12" wp bigest this year but it was slooow. fished till 1030 had to get up at 0430 and head to va and back real tired, got some stuff done around the house, went out to eat, got up sunday and was going out got to the navy base and it was really blowing, not even worth fishing from the wall. went home and went online and ordered some metal and a new reel from cabelas. in the afternoon we had the inlaws come over for a going away party for my neice shes going to emerson u. in boston. that was nice burgers dogs, soft crab sandwiches corn on the cob and a ton of sweets. i need to get out on the kayak and drop a few lbs after that

Comment

Working...
                  X