Point Look Out 6/30 from shore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Point Look Out 6/30 from shore

So What do yo do when there's no power? Go fishing. Got there around 9pm Saturday night. We got setup pretty quick and fished the Bay side close to the lighthouse. Spot were automatic with blood worms. They ranged in size from 2 to about 7 inches. Caught the occasional Blue, Croaker and "spotted channel bass". The largest Blue was about 12 inches. We left around 3:30 am as the tide was hitting peak low. We did see a nice display of lightning as well. It was nice and breezy, just enough to keep the bugs off.

On another note. I hope people that are fishing and catching red drum know the difference between a croaker and a red drum. I sure hope people aren't keeping 9" red drum.

Tight Lines!

Chhaya
    Hobie Outback
    WS Tarpon
    IG: #liveyakfish

awsome! I was at pt lookout all weekend(not fishing) and noticed people on the piers in the park keeping puppy drum I would tell them everytime I saw them in buckets but usually too late for the fish.
    Make me sweet again
    fragrant and fresh and wild
    and thankful for any small event
    ~Rumi~

Comment

I am sorry for my ignorance but what's the deal with red drum?
      2012 Hobie Pro Angler 12 - Olive

Comment

Red drum....when they are less then 27" are called puppy drum. They are also known as Redfish.
        New Orleans chef Paul Prudhomme (sp?) made Redfish extraordinary popular....I admit it is one of my favorites. Legal size to keep are 18-27" any larger or smaller must be released. Additionally, limit is one per angler per day.

They are more plentiful in the southern east coast and gulf, but overall they are on the decline; or so I hear.
        PP
        Last edited by PudgyPrawn; 07-02-2012, 08:07 PM.
        Ascend FS10

Comment

Originally posted by PudgyPrawn View Post
          Red drum....when they are less then 27" are called puppy drum. They are also known as Redfish.
          New Orleans chef Paul Prudhomme (sp?) made Redfish extraordinary popular....I admit it is one of my favorites. Legal size to keep are 18-27" any larger or smaller must be released. Additionally, limit is one per angler per day.

They are more plentiful in the southern east coast and gulf, but overall they are on the decline; or so I hear.
          PP
          Thank you. I will keep that in mind when I am out next time.
          2012 Hobie Pro Angler 12 - Olive

Comment

Working...
          X