Bay Bridge Fish Report - 8-21-10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bay Bridge Fish Report - 8-21-10

Went out this morning at the Bay Bridge again. Caught about 20 or so Striped Bass on 30 or so Spot. The biggest was around 34" to 35", 16 pounds, another was 14 pounds, around 32" to 33", one just over 30", and a 26 incher. Several were between 19" and 23". Caught a 15" Striped Bass on a stick bait along with several small Bluefish. After I ran out of Spot I caught several White Perch, breaded them, and had them for dinner. Below are some pictures.
    Attached Files

More pictures. The second and third pictures are of the 16 pounder. Unfortunately the ruler on my kayak only goes to 30".
    Attached Files

Comment

Yo no wonder I didn't catch alot you caught them all including the spot,I did manage to hook a 26", some decent wp.and a blue on a mirror lure.I didn't notice any of the boats catching anything.Well congrats great catch.I think I saw you when I got there I said Hello.

Comment

thats what I call a good fishing day! its funny, the yakers are showing off all the boaters....lol My co-worker went out on Friday, he didnt catch a damn thing, I told he needed to get a kayak.
        Hobie Revolution 13
        Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

Nice catchin'! That's some good sized summertime stripers! Good sized anytime! Congrats!

Comment

Damn, that is rediculous! Glad you had a great morning. I was out from 3am until 9am and didn't catch a single one, fished every single piling from 8 feet to 35 feet...

TJ

Comment

Great report and pics!

MYT

Comment

I was fishing near piling 52 to 54 I think. Definitely between 15 and 18 feet of water.

Comment

Was nice to meet you Casey! What time did you stay until? I was in double digits by the time I left at 11:30 but don't know exactly how many I caught The last set of double pilons, #49A was my hot spot although I caught fish on several single sets. Not many boats seemed to be pulling them in.... Actually caught 5 or 6 while a boat on the other side fishing 3 lines only had one hook up. TJ, I started catching them about a half hour after you left, looked for your number on the card but I didn't see it. Went through my first dozen spot and had to go get more 2 times! Biggest fish for me was 30+ inches with another close to 30 inches and many in the 18-24 inch range. What a great morning on the water Good fishin

Chimo

Comment

awesome job guys, thats some serious fish for august! Thanks for the pics
                    sigpic

Comment

It was nice to meet you too Chimo. I stayed until around 2. I did not get there until about 8. I intended to get up earlier but it didn't work out. There were alot of boats out there and they were catching few if any fish. Many of them tried to copy what I was doing, pulling up anchor and driving the boat into the piers.

I had a plan for Saturday to start at the piers in about 10 feet of water and working to deeper water. I could not however, there were boats anchored at all but a couple of piers. It worked out though, I caught several fish at each of the three open piers I fished.

Comment

Patrick, had a boat do the same thing with me. Came by and asked what I was using for bait and what size etc. I think it had more to do with the fact we could get right in the in close to the down current side of the pilings and keep our baits there. Don't know about you but most of my fish came from the lee side of the last piling. One of the nice things about the yak, controlability Good fishin

Comment

Argh! That totally figures. I shoulda put my number on that card. Least you guys killed em.

Originally posted by chimo View Post
                          Was nice to meet you Casey! What time did you stay until? I was in double digits by the time I left at 11:30 but don't know exactly how many I caught The last set of double pilons, #49A was my hot spot although I caught fish on several single sets. Not many boats seemed to be pulling them in.... Actually caught 5 or 6 while a boat on the other side fishing 3 lines only had one hook up. TJ, I started catching them about a half hour after you left, looked for your number on the card but I didn't see it. Went through my first dozen spot and had to go get more 2 times! Biggest fish for me was 30+ inches with another close to 30 inches and many in the 18-24 inch range. What a great morning on the water Good fishin

Chimo

Comment

Originally posted by tj06sti View Post
                            Argh! That totally figures. I shoulda put my number on that card. Least you guys killed em.
                            Still time, TJ. I'm gonna make another run with the updates I've gotten since the August M&G. I'll have them for the September outing at Tilghman Is on the 11th.

Nice pics, Chimo! Good catchin' there!!!

Comment

NICE catches!!!
                              WURK2FISH

Comment

Working...
                              X