Lake Tahoe 6/29

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lake Tahoe 6/29

I was in Carson City, NV and then South lake tahoe this week for work. Yesterday I had a free day and I couldnt think of a better way to spend it then fishing on lake tahoe. My co-worker and I and another walk-on angler went out with Capt Gerald of Sierra Fin Addicts. We trolled kastmasters and other small spoons using downriggers to get the lure down to about 180-190 ft. I was first up and after the captain set the hook he handed me the rod. The fish seemed pretty heavy and when I finally got it to the surface, I could see it was a good sized fish.
    24" 4-5 lb lake trout

Fishing was generally pretty slow, but we did manage to catch 4 lake trout and Capt Gerald tryed really hard to get us on fish. Here is my co-worker with the lake trout he caught.

When it came to be my turn again, I told captain Gerald that I wanted to take the rod from the holder and set the hook. A little while later we saw a few dips on the rod tip and so i took the rod out of the holder and gave it a tug to pull the line from the downrigger clip, wound up the slack and then gave it another light tug to set the hook. This one ended up being the smallest of the day, but I got it all on my own! Here is my catch for thhe day and few more pics of the lake.

And here are a few from a higher vantage point.
    Attached Files
    Ryan
    Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Sounds like fun, Ryan. I've read about Lake Tahoe from a limnological perspective, so it's fun to see fish related pics.
    Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
    Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

I can attribute my decade-long interest in kayaking to a visit to Lake Tahoe. I had a conference in Reno about two weeks after the 9/11 terrorist attacks in 2001. I have no interest in gambling, so I rented a car, left Reno, and drove to Tahoe. I decided to rent a sit-on-top kayak to try it out. I liked it so well that I started kayak shopping as soon as I returned home. Lake Tahoe certainly is a beautiful spot.
      John Veil
      Annapolis
      Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Working...
      X