OC INLET Sunday night 6-17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OC INLET Sunday night 6-17

While on my annual vacation to OC during Firefighter Convention week, I met up with kayak Joe from OC and he and I hit the Rt 50 bridge and the Inlet area. I had a BLAST. Never in a million years did I ever think I'd be out in the OC Inlet in a Yak!!! The current was almost non existant. I put over at Hoopers after obtaining permission from the bar manager. The kayak/jet ski rental was closed as it was 9pm. I've never fished at night and was more than prepared with extra lights besides my Yak attack visipole. I was way over illuminated. I didn't "catch" anything, but I did "snag" a trigger fish which was quickly released prior to boating. There are a TON of Trigger fish in the inlet. Anyway, a great night of fishing. I got rid of my fear of night time fishing as well as the fear of the Inlet and rt 50 Bridge. I later launched at the rt 90 birdge at the park on the Island just outside of OC.
    Thanks Joe for great time, Now we have to work on the Tournament.
    Thanks again,
    Tom Brown
    Pro Staff: Balloon FisherKing, Catch 5 Baits, Century Rods, Smith Optics.
    2012 Hobie PA 14'
    Ocean Kayak Tident 13
    2012, 2014, 2015, CBKA Tournament 1st place Crab Div.

non-existent current? are you sure you were in OC?

thanks for the report but almost missed it posted way down here. dint junno? summertime downey oshun is about as Merlin as it gets hun.

Comment

LOL Yeah I was in OC. I wasnt in the channel. I was on the western shore side and there was a current. Just not as bad as I expected. THere are two channel there. I was on the western channel and there was a current just not like the one that runs through the draw bridge area. Don't get me wrong there is a strong current there just not where I was fishing. The paddeling was easy. Not what I expected. all in all a great night on the water...
      Tom Brown
      2012 Hobie PA 14'
      Ocean Kayak Tident 13

Comment

Forgot, nice job on the Baltimorees!!!!
        Tom Brown
        2012 Hobie PA 14'
        Ocean Kayak Tident 13

Comment

Sounds like fun. At night its nice to have the GPS everything looks different, its hard to find your way home the fish eat all the bread crums.
          Mike and son Jeffrey Yellow Hobie Pro Angler
          Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Working...
          X