Bay Bridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bay Bridge

Went out this morning around 6:30 from Hemmingways and spot were harder to find, I could only find 7. Went out to the piling I turtled on the other day and could not buy a hit. I thought, it rained maybe they are a little shallower and went about seven piling towards shore, I found them, they hit right next to the piling drifting with the current. First caught a 25.5 inch and was happy with that, then got a big hit but missed the next fish, about ten minutes later got a nice hit, I had to paddle around the piling holding the rod between my legs while the fish was taking drag, turned out to be a 30.5 inch fish. Dragged them back, cleaned them and had the kayak loaded up by 10:30. Every once in a while things work out great, I only had to use 4 spot!!

Congratz on the 30+er ! That is slick that you caught them so fast. Good job man!

Comment

question

Is it illegal to have a limit of rockfish and continue to fish? Congrats on the catch... pics? were the fish healthy?

Comment

You can keep fishing. There are many other species still in season and the law says that you can't possess more than two fish. It doesn't address anything about having to stop fishing once you fill your creel limit. That is my understanding. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

Nice, congrats on the 30incher.
          Hobie Revolution 13
          Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

[ATTACH]271[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]272[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]273[/ATTACH]
            Attached Files

Comment

VERY NICE!!! look real healthy too!

Comment

Great report!! My 30.5'' did the same thing and I had to paddle through the pilings, I bet you're loving having the kayak after that!

Seems like there is a really great class of summer fish in the area right now. I wish I could get out again!

Those are some fat ones
                Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
                Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
                https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Nice work, John. Congrats on those good lookin' fish! What a way to start a day! WTG!!

Comment

those are some nice fat healthy fish....wtg
                    Hobie Revolution 13
                    Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

Nice pics...oh you got me itchin' over here... I want one! LOL

MYT

Comment

Great job, almost went to the bridge this morning headed south instead. Found a lot of bluefish in as little as two feet of water out of Ferry's Cove, obviously the rockfish were at the bridge!

Comment

Nice job. you can continue to catch and release species after you have reached your creel limit but you may not cull your catch.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stupidjet View Post
                            you may not cull your catch.
                            This is the key right here... thanks for the info. I would have fished for hours with the hitting like that. Again great job on the catch!

Comment

Great catch. Those are some fat healthy fish.

Comment

Working...
                              X