Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assawoman Bay OC

Hey guys,

I've been a long time lurker on this site. I have a small 14' skiff that I was contemplating on bringing to OC for our family vacation. It's starting to turn out to be more of a hassle with all the parking restrictions for the trailer. I've decided to resort to the yaks v. the boat. Plan is to do some LTJ for flounder. It sounds like it's heating up and should be wide open any time soon. Wanted to see what kind of luck people have had here in the past. We'll be staying around 100th street bayside. Not looking for anyone's honeyhole, just some general advice on good spots to check not too far from 100th street.

I appreciate any info anyone can provide.

Thanks,

Eric

Never fished that far north, but I lived there last summer and fished a lot at the rt 50 bridge and near the inlet, east channel.

Comment

Matt,

Thanks for your response. Did you fish the rt 50 bridge and near the inlet from a kayak? That area can get pretty rough. I plan on hitting those spots.

E

Comment

Yeah from the kayak, I have a hobie so managing the current was do-able.. it can get rough, but you just have to pick when to go when it is calmer. the whole area from the inlet to the bridge is no wake, lots a boats but all going fairly slow.

Jig heads with gulp swimming mullet casting uder the bridge.

Comment

Working...
        X