M&G Ideas - Now/Future - 25-30 Parking Spaces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M&G Ideas - Now/Future - 25-30 Parking Spaces

I have been looking into other meet and greet possibilities, one drawback is parking. We had 18 on Sat, with interest we have seen since believe we need a launch sight with 25-30 parking spaces. This doesnt't include all the boaters that might be there also. Resteraunt would be good but not necessary, we could bring our own food. Any ideas?

Couple marina's further down the road:

http://www.knappsnarrowsmarina.com/

http://www.tilghmanmarina.com/Home_Page_Frame.htm

Here's a kayak site I found that includes lots of possible launch sites: http://www.seakayak.ws/

How about Assateague? Or, there's a launch site listed called South Point in Lewis Corner, Md for access to Sinepuxent Bay that appears to be free.

Comment

im sure tailgating wont be a problem but a ramp with that much parking could be. might have to do 1st come then we can get others unloaded and follow them to a parking spot and shuttel them to the ramp.

John that site is good, also check DNR site for public ramps

Comment

Knapps Narrows Marina, Tilghman Island has parking - $10/car, talked with them, plenty of parking on the 11th. I am also checking with Harrisons Chesapeake House on Tilghman, they have a very good resteraunt and marina, plenty of parking. I will talk to the owner on Saturday see if he will let us launch for free, if we eat lunch at the resteraunt.

For those of you who may not know Tilghman Island is 4 miles past Ferry's Cove, our original planned meeting place, there is also a Talbot County public ramp, no fee for kayaks, (Dogwood Harbor), has about 20 parking spaces but usually several boats/trailers.

So far concensus is to keep event on 11th, moving to Tilghman sounds very possible.

Please keep sending suggestions for future meeting places.

Comment

Wow, $10 to launch a kayak seems a bit much. Not that I don't have the $10 but when there's free places like Hemingway's or South Point behind Assateague Island I dunno...

I do like the idea to commit to lunch at one of those places if they let us launch for free!! If we get 17 or 18 like the last time dropping $20 or so for a sandwich and a couple drinks they gotta be happy!

Comment

I'm not sure if things have been decided yet for september, but I wanted to throw this out there for a future idea - http://tidalfish.com/forums/content....nga-River-Area could be a lot of fun.

I was able to move some things around on my schedule and I plan on being at the next M&G. Really looking forward to it guys!
            Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
            Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
            https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Tilghman Island - Looks Good for Sept. 11

Sounds good Redfish12, will check on Hoopers Island parking/ramp situation. Maybe Brandon can be some help?

Just made a trip to Tilghman Island, the Tilghman Island Inn, www.tilghmanislandinn.com will let us launch for free if we eat lunch. About the same price as Hemmingways. Looking north you can see Poplar Island from their marina. Would have a choice for fishing, you can try the marshes for croaker, sea trout, wp, fish along the Knapps Narrows drawbridge or head out into the Choptank River or eastern bay toward Poplar Island for rockfish, blues, flounder. This is a good place for novice/beginner kayak fisherman or the very experienced.

MOC has also fished this area he can give more details if he sees this post.

FYI, there is also a sea kayak rental place next door, Tilghman Island Marina, if you wanted to bring a friend who wants to give it a try.

Right around the corner is Dogwood Harbor, a public boat ramp, free parking/launch if you want to use a ramp to launch, at the Tighman Inn we would have to cart the kayaks around back.

I am still going to try Harrisons Chesapeake House, they have very good food and are right down the road. May be able to drive our kayaks down to the waters edge.

Comment

Bryan is the hobie dealer still sponsoring us?

Comment

He is already sponsoring a 100 mile bicycle race on the 11th, which is the date the majority so far want to meet, but thinks he can have somebody there. He was waiting on us to give him the time and place before he commits 100%. I am thinking that he wouldn't have to show up until around 11:00 am after our morning fishing trip. I will confirm in the next couple days, beginning to look like Tilghman Island on the 11th.

Comment

Tilghman Island works for me! That inn looks like a nice place. Having the option to work either side of the island depending upon wind direction is a good one.

BTW, where is the Hobie dealer you're talking to?

Comment

Ryan at Easton Cycle and Sport, www.eastoncycleandsport.com

Comment

next spring we need to do a suski flats M&G during the c&r season

Comment

Surf, I'm in for that for sure!

Other venues for the winter/spring that are a little further away

Kiptopeke
                          Hot Ditch
                          Yellow perch run on the Nanjemoy
                          301 Powerplant
                          Jamaica Bay
                          Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
                          Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
                          https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

then there's;

Wachapreaque
                            CHSP
                            Crisfield
                            PLO

we need to pick the best places for the season to optimize() our fishing

Comment

How does everyone feel about a winter M&G December/January, kayak rigging, kayak fishing clinic. Local Hobie/ocean kayak dealer is willing to open up his work area on a Saturday, show us how to properly install electronics, rod holders, live wells etc. He would also have one of the local tackle store owners available to discuss fishing techniques, type of tackle, how to tie knots etc. This would all be free.

Comment

Working...
                              X