Tgif

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tgif

Is anyone trying to get out this evening? I'm thinking about Pohick as soon as I can get out of work. Haven't checked the tides at all. Just thought I'd throw it out there for anyone interested.
    -Jon
    Revo 13

change of plans. My buddy wants to come out. So we're heading out tomorrow for the incoming tide. 1-7pm. Sucks, but Ill take what I can get.
    -Jon
    Revo 13

Comment

So my buddy and I went at the worst time of the day Saturday (11-3). He really wanted to get out, but we had trouble getting time for a full day so we took what we could get. The water was very clear, finally! The wind was blowing towards the NE corner of the bay so I wanted to get up there, but there was way too much boat traffic that day. We went across from the launch and fished the shoreline to the left of the channel. Pulled in a small bass and had a follow on a good size snakehead that came from nowhere. I was ripping a white spinnerbait. After the follow I changed to bluegill pattern. I probably could have adjusted the profile of the white spinner but didnt think of that until later. My buddy managed to hook a bluegill on a small jig. After that we went into the channel where we noticed how inactive the fish were. It must have been the pressure because as we were up there we had 4 recreational paddlers come through just to sight see. that's 4 more then I've ever seen that weren't fishing. Needless to say the fish were spooked. I pulled a few more out with a weightless worm. Everything small. My buddy caught nothing.

I think I'm going to give the channels a break. Unless I'm fishing an early morning high tide. I gut hooked a small male Saturday and felt pretty bad about it. I'm not helping the population by bothering the small males recouping from the spawn. I think I will venture out into the deeper water near the mouth. Do a little Carolina rigging and call out the females.
      -Jon
      Revo 13

Comment

Thanks for the report. We almost went to Pohick on Saturday, but Leesylvania is closer. I was wondering how it was on a weekend. There a lots of boats in the most recent Google Earth photo, so I thought it could be crowded. Still, the best time to fish is when you can.
        Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
        Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

It always beats not going out at all. Across from the launch it wasn't too bad though. A lot of the grass is growing in thick. Which is the main reason I havent gotten out to the deeper water. Next time I have a full day to myself I will go out to find the closest grass bed from the drop off I see on a print out map I have.
          I just went halfs on a chronarch with my wife as a fathers day gift so I'm itching to get that and go out with it
          -Jon
          Revo 13

Comment

Working...
          X